Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to put my truck in shop for the first time ever. Bad IDM and two injectors were bad on the low side (they said that they didn't flow enough at idle or low speed). Sent injectors off for Jim to rebuild and installed a reman IDM. Shop said the truck was running good and got it on the dyno for first run and at about 60 HP they heard a pop and they noticed the blow by.

They say it is probably a broke ring and want to go ahead and pull the motor.
I took both valve covers off hoping that it might be a injector that was not seated but all looked good. The blow by was coming up from the pushrod holes
on both sides an the motor. There is no smoke out tail pipe, no miss at idle, and no strange knock or sound.

Truck only has 128,000 miles on it, 1997 F350 SRW Reg Cab, TW Chip, D66, RWD Stage Two Injectors.

Do any of you have any ideas (other than a broke ring) on what it may be or any thing I need to check before pulling the motor?

Thanks

·
Registered
928 Posts
Compression test, cylinder contribution test?

·
Harl
705 Posts
Hmmm Did the pop go away? Im running the same setup u got and last time i heard a pop was when i broke a rocker arm or bent a prod it was poping threw the intake. Ide check and see if u bent a prod.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The blow by at the oil fill cap before was noticeable with your hand right over the hole. Now you can fill it 24" from the oil fill hole.

There had been nothing left under the valve covers when I removed them this morning.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Vent tube is routed to the back of the truck and is blowing very well.

I have not run the truck because I am not sure what is wrong and am afraid I may make matters allot worse.

·
Harl
705 Posts
Hey man you should see if you can get a video of it running and post it up.. Some of thease guys are pretty dang good and it would help out some.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts