Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Help with an older Audiovox video system?

924 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  spastik monkey 
#1 ·
When I bought my truck, it came with an older Audiovox video screen in the back. No video player in the vehicle. It looks like some sort of player may have been mounted under the back seat at one time, since that's where I found the end of the wiring. The screen is about 6.5" diagonal and appears similar to the VOH681, minus the auxiliary lights and IR headphone connection. Has three RCA jacks and two small headphone jacks. The wiring end under the back seat has a square four wire plug, three RCA plugs and a small two-wire connector that may be for some sort of switching. Anyone have info on this type of overhead video and how I can hook it up to a currently available video player? Almost forgot, there is some sort of "dome" for remote control mounted just behind the screen. Anyone out there that can shed some light on this for me? Anyone still have any literature on this?

#2 ·
Went out today and hooked up a 12V DVD player to the RCA plugs. Screen works fine. Just gotta figure out how to get sound hooked up and what VCP OR dvd player to use. Figured out from instructions for the VOH681 online that the two wire "switching" thing is an IR control for the video player. Gradually getting somewhere.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.