Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im having a big problem whenever there is a good rain storm, there is a puddle that collects on my drivers side floor mat. So one day i looked up and saw some drips coming down right above the brake pedal. And also today we had some rain last night I had the water on my floormat and then when I went to go turn my steering wheel water came out from between the gap between the column and the steering wheel. any suggestions will be great

The truck is a 95 F350 Single cab

·
Registered
105 Posts
maybe a windshield leak????

these older trucks often rot under the trim and is not noticeable until the aperture is pretty much shot...a rebuildable problem...but not sure what this kinda job would cost...hth

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I have brought to get it checked before and the windshield guy said it was prfectly fine , However I tried one night place a tarp over the vents outside below the windshield and the next morning there was no water and it poured out that night so Im confused

·
Registered
630 Posts
Bottom of the cowl may have pinholes in it? My friend's '95 has a visible hole looking up from under the dash. My '93 leaves a puddle on the driver's side mat, but only if it rains hard enough. I still haven't found the leak there. I'm thinking debris under the cowl screen has caused rust where the cowl welds to the firewall. I'll probably have to pull the cowl screen to find it. If you have water coming out between the steering wheel and the column it must be coming from higher up? Top of the windshield maybe? I usually use a garden hose to run water over the suspected area while I sit inside and watch. My wife's Yukon had a water leak during a hard rain in the rear. I spent DAYS trying to find it, but could never get it to leak. I ended up using two big sprinklers to douse the rear of the truck after I gutted the inside trim and carpet. Found that a piece of seam sealer had fell out where the tail light panel met the quarter panel.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I had looked up and saw a hole straight up but I dont know where it leads to. Is it possible to remove the cowl? Its driving me crazy big time

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
If you have water where the steering wheel meets the column, then you have a leak at the top of the windshield, cab lights or visor

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Or to complete Brads statement, an improperly installed windshield several years ago that finally rusted though under the paint and is now leaking. but you cannot see where its at, perhaps some bubbling of paint up top somewhere?

·
needs more fuel
697 Posts
mines leaking on top too. i seen beads of water on the platic trim up there. no visable rust so now its time to take the trim off

1 - 8 of 8 Posts