Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Fasthog.com
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got an 01 Excursion. Dark green outside but a limited with the tan/gold lower trim on body. Chrome bumpers. I have the spring swap parts in order so it will be driving more stable and sit just a hair higher. I'll be running 20's an about a 33 tire (told best setup for handling an away).

So do I black her out? Take off molding trim. Bedline bumpers an do blak wheels? Will a solid green setup look good blacked out?

Do I keep her classy with chrome bumpers and a set of chrome or polished wheels? Even with this route I'm partial to removing trim cause its just a weird mix and I'm not an Eddie bower color person (it's not that edition just looks like it)

Open to opinions please! I'll post pics of what mine looks like and how it looks with it removed (google search results not my actual ex)

Ricky Bobby☝™

·
Registered
454 Posts
Chrome revolvers

·
BUILT NOT BOUGHT!
1,059 Posts
Depends were do you live?? Do you have to worry about salty roads? If so stay away from chrome.

I dont normally like black wheels on many trucks but I think it make that rig look a little tougher.

·
Fasthog.com
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea truck will see lot of salt. Would like something easy maintenance like stock 20's but then I need wheel spacers do that doesn't justify. And black is my thing as my 08 is but with a gold trim one green manvan I don't see the blacked out scene working. Works good for year round conditions though. Lookin at a few other versions of aluminum classic type wheels. Just going that route. Chrome is to much and I hate it enough. Cost more and salt loves it

Ricky Bobby☝™

·
BUILT NOT BOUGHT!
1,059 Posts
Aluminum is almost as bad though, I had MT classic II's they looked terrible after one winter, I do have some on one of my work trucks that are coated or something they have been on for three years & I never clean em they r great just have no idea what brand they are:( not the coolest looking but they never need to be cleaned & no corrosion Im in Mid Mi tons of salt!!

·
Fasthog.com
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I need to pull trigger soon: Heres my thoughts

1. Chrome - Would suck for winter and I want them on year round, and all chrome rims especially revolvers are way to much momey

2. Classic Aluminum polish setup - Looks good, will go well with the bumpers that are chrome but would suck year round

3. Black classic wheel like a mickey thompson in black the classic II's Its an aftermarket company and the price is awesome. But I think will look stupid with a Green truck, gold trim and chrome bumpers.... thoughts????

·
Fasthog.com
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
An I love the look of stock 20's but then I need to buy some 500+ dollars in 2" spacers to clear tires and springs..... But least it would match all way around looks clean and simple and be done. And be about price of chrome wheels and not be an issue....probably should go that route huh got a buddy w stock 20's I can probably get for 700... so then the spacers I hope to be under 1500

·
BUILT NOT BOUGHT!
1,059 Posts
Tough decision! I just bought Fuel Mayhem riots for my 08' black, they were only 2600.00 shipped with 37" toyos those are 2k alone. EBAY!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts