Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 550 and a 99 e450. The turbo on my 550 went bad so I figured the van turbo upgrade was the hot ticket. I have changed the pipes coming off the manifolds, the downpipe, and the pedestal. Now the turbo won't bolt up to the intake 5 way piece. What the he'll did I do wrong here. Everyone tells me it's an easy swap but it has been a nightmare for me, and my father is about ready to disown me for putting the truck out of service for so long. Please help

·
<- Sums it up
1,739 Posts
Don't you just swap the turbo, nothing else?

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
I don't know for sure but I think there is some goofy stuff with those model years and I'm guessing that the E is probably set up like the 97s, to complete the swap you will probably have to use the non intercooled y pipe until you can find an early 99 spider, or you could go with after market stuff like banks power elbow.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have an early production f550 with a April 98 engine. The van has all the 99.5 stuff so I swapped manifolds and everything. I guess I just had to update to the newer induction setup. I am very pleased with this truck. I had 12 k on the body and 10 on trailer and she holds hills beautifully. Long live FOMOCO

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts
need a later spider

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
none of the e99 stuf plays well with the 99.5 ...smaller turbo , smaller piping intake mani's and spider, and downpipe.

that is why an h2e kit works well with the 99's since all that stuff goes.
if you get a gt38r for an e99 you have to buy all that stuff , and can cost even more then an h2e, especially if you go to bellowed uppipes and a cfm intake etc..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts