Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
workin on a 05 6.0 got all 3 bolts out for ped all v clamps out how do i remove the oil tube i belive it is the only thing left help please??????/:psn:

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
It can be a bitch to get off that tube.. keep working with it but be careful, and again make sure you have unbolted everything

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so theres a lil tab on the bottom of the tube down on the motor u just pry it out i take it

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
theres only three bolts on ped holding turbo to motor

·
<-•DEISEL CRAFT•
565 Posts
3 bolts turbo to pedestal 4 bolts pedestal to engine.
3 bolts oil feed tube. Oil drain tube is held in place metal tap

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
can i get a good link to get turbo off

·
Registered
196 Posts
make sure the downpipe is off the turbo...use a small pry bar to push up on the turbo some...its probably hung up a little on the uppipes...its pretty easy. there is a dowel pin that sits in a notch on the back of the pedistal so you'll have to wiggle it out of there.

·
<-•DEISEL CRAFT•
565 Posts
It s pretty easy pull the turbo mounting bolts (3)
Remove oil drain tube pick the turbo up off of the dowls
If you half to stick a pry bar in the cac tube outlet and pry the turbo up.

Once the turbo is off the oil drain tube should be pretty easy to remove.

·
<-•DEISEL CRAFT•
565 Posts
O if you half to wedge the up pipes out of the turbine housing be easy tho

·
7.3 Enthusiast
682 Posts
I just went through this Saturday. Once I got to the point your at now I just used a prybar and it came right off.

Just be careful on reinstallation. I swore I had the up pipe flange seated on the turbo and had the clamp tight yet had a major exhaust leak there. So ended up having to loosen the uppipes to get it perfect.

·
<-•DEISEL CRAFT•
565 Posts
I just went through this Saturday. Once I got to the point your at now I just used a prybar and it came right off.

Just be careful on reinstallation. I swore I had the up pipe flange seated on the turbo and had the clamp tight yet had a major exhaust leak there. So ended up having to loosen the uppipes to get it perfect.
That suck been there done that. I cut off a o3 turbo last night the back bolt rounded on me. Talk about a pain in the a$$

L

·
Diesel Sled Head
1,101 Posts
Snap on Makes a specific wrench for that particular bolt. That bolt sucks on 03s.

·
Registered
654 Posts
You need a small pry bar. Pop the up pipe off the exhaust side. Sometimes you have to loosen the up pipe bolts from the manifold so you can remove it from the turbo. The up pipe has a flange on it or lip around it to line it up. Also the down pipe has a hanger on the top if it that fits over the turbo ti hold it in,place. Remove both of them. Then the oil feed line. After that take the pry bar and go under the,exhaust side housing from the passenger side and pry up,a little. It should pop loose for you after that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts