Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was on the freeway today and when i was driving with the RPM just above two it sounded like my turbo wasnt running constantly instead it was like a pulsating kind of noise any feed back on the problem would be extremely helpful and appreciated!!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry 06 F-250 stock 133k miles, trip to destination i had the A/C running prayed that had somethin to do with it but it did it on the way home too without the A/C im new to diesels so really dont know what it would be

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Loss of power? did the truck run diffrently other than making the noise?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
didnt notice any signifacant loss of power, went up a large city hill goin about 35 and seemed a little bumpy but im pretty sure it was just the road, i have a SCT being shipped should arive wednesday would that help at all or should i hold off on hooking that up?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
65 or 70 outside and when i say pulsating it was changing noise every 1-3 seconds and it sounded like a turbo noise

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
huh doesnt seem like it would be a cooling fan, but seems they kick on and run more in the 6.0, were you driving it pretty hard or getting into the go pedal a lot?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nope just cruisin doing maybe 65 or 70 but driving in the city is too stop and go to get a good listen so im not positive its happening on city streets

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ive been on here for nearly a month still wont let me post in any other area for some reason i have no idea why

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
if the water temp was hot from the engine running hard and with the a/c on.

but like I said thats my guess. someone that knows alot more then me should chime in.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
That doesnt sound like the fan. Not sayin anyone is wrong but it really sounds the the vanes of the turbo fluctuating. The vvt of the 6.0 is crap. if its not loosin any power I really wouldnt worry about it. Our 05 KR Dually used to do the same stuff. If it does wind up goin out I would highly recomend changing away from the vvt turbos

·
Registered
31 Posts
That doesnt sound like the fan. Not sayin anyone is wrong but it really sounds the the vanes of the turbo fluctuating. The vvt of the 6.0 is crap. if its not loosin any power I really wouldnt worry about it. Our 05 KR Dually used to do the same stuff. If it does wind up goin out I would highly recomend changing away from the vvt turbos
:whs:

Exactly what i was thinking, the turbo vanes fluctuating...has happened before on my buddys 6.0, and from what you described thats exactly what it sounds like

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks guys, and idea how much it would cost to swap out the vvt? i dont need a crazy performance turbo the rest of the truck is stock other than the SCT im waiting on

1 - 20 of 21 Posts