Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last week I fired up the truck and pulled it out of the heated garage and soon after got stuck in the drive way in the 3 foot drifts. So I get on it a little to get through. While going down the road it feels like its down on power and notice that when the truck goes into overdrive it started shaking. I stop and get out to look at the wheels assuming that they are packed with snow. They aren't, but I do notice an oil slick the size of a basket ball. So I turn around and go home and everytime it goes in od it starts shaking like its missing under load. So I get home and order a o ring kit and bellowed up pipes thought that while I had the turbo off might as well fix the up pipes. Anyway got the thing all back together and no more oil leaks but go for a ride down the road and its still down on mowe and shaking when in overdrive. A little back ground on the truck, its a 2000, regulate return, Swamps 315cc injectors, ball bearing turbo, deleted ebpv, suncoast converter, rebuilt trans, and more. The truck has 90k miles and I've owned the truck since 7k miles. The truck is due for an oil change and a little low from the leak but isn't off the cross hatching on the dip stick. Things I've checked are that there is no oil in the fuel filter housing and fuel pressure is 70psi.

·
Registered
853 Posts
hpop oil level

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do you check that, is there a plug to check the level or do you take the top off? Also it seems to start up fine but it does idle rough. Couldn't tell if it was cause it was cold outside or what but seemed to smoke too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nevermind on how to check it. Took the plug out on top the reservoir and the oil looks to be at the same level as the sensor on the back side. About half to a full inch down from the top. It hasnt been started in about 10 hours.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Does this only happen from a cold start and get better as you reach operating temp?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All the time now. Never happened before I got stuck in the snow and blew the turbo o-rings. Fixed the o-ring problem and it no longer leaking. But the low power and shake in overdrive hasn't gone away. I also have only drove it once since I fixed the oil leak.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Probable multiple issues...
what does oil cooler assembly look like.
It is the long pipe the oil filter attaches too.

how about the valley of the motor, is it full of oil or bone dry.

do you have the toque scanner. ?..any codes

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My nephew is coming over tonight to scan for codes, the valley is dry. It's not leaking any oil outside the motor now. I've checked the plugs that goes into the valve cover gaskets and they seem tight.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The only codes that were on it were back pressure sensors high, something about the ebpv valve but I have gutted it. One other code was p1298 IDM failure. I do have the IDM 140 mod and have been told that this is a common code from this mod. Didn't get a chance to do a contribution test but did do a buzz test and they all sound pretty much the same slight variation not much. Is there a chance that an injector o-ring blew and the oil is going into the valve cover and back to the pan? Also I checked the fuel bowl and there is no oil in it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did three contribution tests. First one gave codes p0269 and p0281. Then the other two just gave the code p0281. The truck is still running rough. I tried plugging the icp and no change. Any help would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
853 Posts
map sensor?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It seems to be working when you rev it up you can see it change value. The hpop was at around 650psi at idle and 12%

·
Registered
853 Posts
does it smoke while driving like whitish blue? I would do a compression test and go from there

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
What kind of air filter do you run?
have you done any ccv mod?
did he icp plu have oil in it?
have you cleaned the ebp tube, is it split?
have you cleaned ipr

·
Bobs 7.3
2,852 Posts
how much did you get on it? rpm wise could have a bent or broken push rod or rocker arm throwing a dead miss. Any noises especially in the intake or exhaust?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
intake is aem with a k&n.
Yes CCV mod
No oil in the ICP plug
No I havent cleaned the ebp tube. I'll have to look and see if it is split
No I havent cleaned the IPR. Is there a right up on that?

As far as getting on it, I didnt over rev it and I was paying alot of attention to the rpms as not to do that. I dont notice any noise. Setting there all I can hear is the normal engine noise other than is is rough. Thanks for the suggestions, I will check more tonight. Please keep them coming. I did the buzz test and they all sound really close to the same so that would tell me that the harnesses are good under the valve cover and the wiring to them correct?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well its been a while so thought I would do a little update. I haven't had a lot of time to work on it but it was due for an oil change and it was low so I changed the oil. My nephew has a diagnostic tool so I hooked it up and found the the EBP sensor was stuck at 52 psi, so I replaced it and cleaned the tube. Also the hpop was at 680 to 750 or so at idle and about 15 or 18%. I did a cylinder contribution test and it always comes up with #7 cylinder imbalance.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts