Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving about 35 and the motor just cut out. tried to start but I wasn't getting anything on the tach and I don't know if this means anything but the wait to start light never came on. I don't have any way to read codes but is the no tach a clear sign of a bad cps? or could it still be something else? I just got it towed back to my house so I could work on it and I'm not going to work til its fixed so please help me out guys I know you can figure it out.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also I do not believe its getting fuel because the was no smoke when cranking. Also i have been having a have time starting recently and I thought it was water in the fuel but it was hard to start at 60 degrees the other day.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
update fuse 22 is blown i don't even know what thats for but could that be it?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
note the owners manual says its a 20amp fuse and i pulled a 30 amp

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
isnt 22 the fuel heater fuse, just unplug it replace it and go on.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im trying to but I can't unplug it is there a latch on it?

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
the top of the cap unscrews

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry im feel like an idiot right now do you mean the fuel bowl because i dont see how that cap on the plug unscrews the thing wont budge

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i guess it baked itself on there i just pryed a bit with a flat head and off she came all fixed thanks for your help

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
so your up and running? make sure and use the right size fuse in there.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep! I pulled the plug out taped it off so it wont short out again. Then replaced the fuse with a 30a maxi. Which is what was in there before. I put about 20miles on it after it started up so I think I'm good to go.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I don't remember what fuse goes in it, but if your book says 20amp I wouldn't put a 30amp in it, just for safety sake.
How long have you had the truck, do you think that maybe the previous owner had the same issue and just stuck a larger fuse in there?

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Fuse #22 is supposed to be a 30 amp maxi. Cheers!

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
OK I couldn't edit my last post due to the "30 minute rule" :rolleyes: , so here's some additional info: There is some confusion on this, even in the factory manuals! I have all the EVTMs from 94-97. In 94, the EVTM shows the UH fuse panel diagram with #22 being either 20A or 30A with the 30A being asterisked for the DI Diesel (so I'm guessing the 20A is for the IDI maybe with an auto tranny???). All the other EVTMs (95-97 show the same diagram with only the 20A on fuse #22. However, after all that, all the actual wiring diagrams that show the fuse as a 30A (all EVTMs from 94-97). The owners manual states 30A for diesels as well. I think Fuse #22 is supposed to be a 30A. Cheers!

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Fuse 22 is supposed to be a 30 amp fuse.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
good news for him then, when he said 20a and pulled a 30a I was curious, and too lazy to go to the garage and pull the truck out to check it!
he's up and running and that's what counts.

thanks for the clarification.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts