Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DD was driving my truck not beating on it or anything and we hit a hill and the truck started to shutter. Looked back and there was whiteish gray smoke. Pulled over and shut it down. Temps were fine. It smelled like burnt oil. When we pulled it up the ramp onto the trailer some oil was dripping out of the exhaust. Im thinking turbos. I pulled the intake off and the one compressor wheel was fine but thats all I could see. Ive snapped shafts on my turbo in my 6.0L and it did the same thing but I dont think it had the shutter. What do you guys think? Anything else you guys can think of? Thanks Ryan. Sorry for the length.

·
Built not Bought
529 Posts
White smoke could also be burning coolant, my friends truck
would crank but not start and blew out a thick white cloud you
could'nt see through, pulled his heads to find a cracked head gasket,
that's just my two sense I cant explain the oil part.

·
Built not Bought
529 Posts
Looks like its time to just throw some Tow Commands on there :evil

·
Built not Bought
529 Posts
yea lol :doh: i'm runnin on 3 hours of sleep in 3 days and worked for 30 hours
of those days

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The truck still runs but it feels like it has a miss almost. Im heading back up north in the morning to take the turbos off and put my spare set on if thats what it is. I just dont get the vibration.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thats what I think it is but why does oil come out of the pipe? I hope its turbos but my luck isnt that great these days.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If its high I have a problem then huh? fuel in the oil?

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Im not sure. I dont think so. Im pretty sure its a job 2. I heard there was an injector problem on the job 1s. how can I find out what job it is?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts