Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need Help !! Took Fule Tank out of a 99 F350 DB CAB Long Bed. Can't Get the Straps to Fit Back in Place to Lock Tank Inplace

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry New Here,Testing Opps. Anyway the tank is up aganist the frame cross rails but the Straps won't Fit

·
Scab
1,295 Posts
give it a little wiggle and keep pushing.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Been Trying Now since 10 this morning The Straps Just are Too Short Now The Tank is Up to the Cross RAILS. Whats Going ON I'am at My End !!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Tank fits up against the frame rails and cross rails infact its tight against the cross rails, but the straps won't fit. They seam to short

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
I dropped mine about a month ago to install a 5/8" pick-up tube. I did it by myself and didn't have any problems. Re-Installation was just as easy. You probably bent the straps when you took it down. Try to jack up the tank and bend the straps back to there original angles. It should work.

·
All done now
22,483 Posts
You're not trying to put the straps over the shield also, are you?

·
All done now
22,483 Posts
I think the shield bolts on after the tank. Been a long time, can't remember.

·
All done now
22,483 Posts
OK. Make sure none of the lines are pinched in between the tank and frame rails.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
The tank goes first, then the sheild... Mine has no sheild...

The rock guard (sheild) bolts on after the fact, completely seperate.

·
PSN Pretender
1,926 Posts
On mine the shield goes on before the straps.

Just be sure the straps are strait (not bent) and tank is in the proper position with no lines or spare tools (oops) holding it up.

You could also use longer bolts to get it in place then replace them one at a time with the proper length bolts.

Good Luck

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
On mine the shield goes on before the straps.

Just be sure the straps are strait (not bent) and tank is in the proper position with no lines or spare tools (oops) holding it up.

You could also use longer bolts to get it in place then replace them one at a time with the proper length bolts.

Good Luck

huh? Your talking about the rock sheild/ skid plate/ guard right?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have a plastic tank. The Shield is almost the size of the tank the frame rail side is open, then the Tank fits inside.The Straps go on. Got the front one on but no way the rear strap will work.The tank is crushed into the cross rails,it is ok were the lines and wire is. Can I get rid of the shield or skid plate you might call it ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had the same problem with mine. worked 4 hrs with no luck, finally went to bed, got up at 6 am and with a flash light and a clear head took it down again then back up in about 15 minutes. Only thing I did different-bolted the back one first, got directly under it pushed up hard with both knees , one hand to hold the straps and the other to thread the bolt. It's a BUGGGUR! Good luck

1 - 20 of 23 Posts