Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2006 f250 6.0 with 180,000 miles. I'm thinking about doing the egr delete, new oil cooler, blue spring upgrade, coolant flush and replace with elc coolant with a coolant filter. Is there anything else that should be done while I'm in there? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Sounds like a good start. I think head studs are a good plan if you are going to add power to it, but I'm not a 6.0 guy, and they will add considerably to cost. Might consider modding the CCV. I recently replaced my IC & drained about a cup of oil out of my old one. Very easy mod & almost free.

·
JGman141
859 Posts
Good list but plan on studs eventually

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. Where is a good place to dump the ccv tube I've heard some people say keep it short because the longer the tube it builds up pressure. Others say run it to the back of the truck so you don't get the smell in the cab.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I would recommend ending the hose after the trans case at least. The smell is worse than some May think

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
JGman141
859 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lol. Thanks for all the info. This is my first diesel and just want it to be reliable and last a while.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts