Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
GOT WOOD!!!!
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, i have a problem with my spartan tuner. I had it on the 125 no DPF tune and i was going to switch it to the 40 no DPF tune and it wouldn't switch over it said error switch to stock tune so i tried to load that and it says could not initialize communication?? Now my truck wouldn,'t start at all?? It is showing a memory card symbol on the DashDaq that was never there before, but when i go to install it says Licence with a key symbol on it and i click on that but there is nothing in that box to click on?? Any idea what to do or how to get it to work so i can get my truck running i am at work so i need it running BAD!!!! I just got it on the weekend i had it on the 80 no DPF tune and the 125 no DPF tune i was just going to switch it to the 40 no DPF tune i did everything the same as before but it would not work this time?? I did the reflash, then the scaning image and then it went to erasing modules and that it when it gave me an error load stock tune so i when it the stock tune and it says could not initalize communication?? My number is 780 870 1826 if anybody can help or email me at [email protected] Thanks Trevor

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
You will need to get your stock file off of where ever you backed it up. The one on the SD card sounds like it's corrupted. What is the weather like there? Has it been hot at all?

·
GOT WOOD!!!!
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh ok?? It has been wet rainy I don't have a back up anywhere?? The SD card isn't installed though I think?? So what do I do?? Can you phone me at all??

·
GOT WOOD!!!!
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anybody help me?? Would the truck still be Tuned?? Would Ford know if I put the exhaust back to stock is the PCM fried??

·
Registered
236 Posts
Dont know if its fried or not but when i went back to the dealership i made sure the regen cleaned the exhaust before i took it in. It usually has done it on the way there right after taking the dpf delete pipe off and goin back to stock .

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
So did it ever get in to the downloading process? You got through reflash image, and then reasing modules, and that is where it quit correct? If that is the case then your ECM and TCM are currently without tuning.....but they aren't fried. The issue is that you don't have a stock file.....if you had your stock file backed up somewhere, you wouldn't be in this position. You need to give us a call tomorrow and talk with ****.

(828)-606-3263 - Call between 10:00 A.M. and 7:00 P.M. EST

·
GOT WOOD!!!!
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So did it ever get in to the downloading process? You got through reflash image, and then reasing modules, and that is where it quit correct? If that is the case then your ECM and TCM are currently without tuning.....but they aren't fried. The issue is that you don't have a stock file.....if you had your stock file backed up somewhere, you wouldn't be in this position. You need to give us a call tomorrow and talk with ****.

(828)-606-3263 - Call between 10:00 A.M. and 7:00 P.M. EST
Ok I talk to **** aleedy. So there is no tune on there right now? If I take it in to ford they wouldn't know that I had a tuner in?

·
PSN Insomniac
561 Posts
Ok I talk to **** aleedy. So there is no tune on there right now? If I take it in to ford they wouldn't know that I had a tuner in?
Why do you want to take it to the dealer?

·
GOT WOOD!!!!
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cause **** said my tcm must be fried so he said I have to take it in

·
Spartan, True Performance
120 Posts
Your tcm is fried. It's not the ECM. I sent you a recovery file to try. If it did not communicate with the truck it's dead and will have to go back to Ford. They will not be able to tell that a tuner was installed on the truck. Just return everything back to stock, and I mean everything.

·
PSN Insomniac
561 Posts

·
PSN Insomniac
561 Posts
Your tcm is fried. It's not the ECM. I sent you a recovery file to try. If it did not communicate with the truck it's dead and will have to go back to Ford. They will not be able to tell that a tuner was installed on the truck. Just return everything back to stock, and I mean everything.
**** could someone in this situation just go to the junkyard and get a TCM from a wreck? Or is there alot of issues with doing that.

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
the tcm would have to be reflashed for the truck, i think?

·
GOT WOOD!!!!
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey ****, so once i change everything back to stock they will not be about to tell there was a tuner in there for sure??

·
Stroken it 7.3,6.0,6.4
1,239 Posts
Hey ****, so once i change everything back to stock they will not be about to tell there was a tuner in there for sure??
Yes. If you do that we can not see that you had a tuner on it.

·
GOT WOOD!!!!
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
GOT WOOD!!!!
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Truck is all fixed up today Ford put a new TCM in warranty. They didn't have a clue about the tuner!!(i was a little worried) They didn't have one in stock it would of took a week to get one so they took one off a new F350 in the lot!!

·
Stroken it 7.3,6.0,6.4
1,239 Posts
Sweet deal.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts