Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 ford with the 6.0L and the speedometer dose not reed right it is about 15 to 20 mph off and the cruse does not work when I try to set the cruse the light just flickers and that is it. So what sensor does the speedometer and cruse get its signal from I wold like to get it fixed as soon a possible but cant figure it out thanks

·
Registered
842 Posts
rear vss is common or it could be a insterment cluster but not as common

·
Registered
842 Posts
looks like the tone ring is broke or you have a bearing coming a part i would jack up the rear axle and pull the cover and check it out i have seen a few of these here lately

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what wold cause the tone ring to brake it did look like it was wore down when I looked in it with a light

·
Registered
842 Posts
there not sharp cut gears there shallow and rounded on the tone ring. but if you have a bearing bad or something a piece of it coulda came around on the tone ring and took a chunk out of that sensor.... and a fyi if you pull that cover don't forget the friction modifier when adding 75/140

·
Down N' Out
546 Posts
Wow.... your's makes the vss I took outta mine look brand new.... Hope ya get it fixed...it's annoyin' not havin' a speedo or cruise control.... Trust me, I am right there with ya! :doh:

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
You have diff damage for sure. Don't try to drive the truck like that. If the piece of gear that is broke off in there gets in between the ring and pinion you will have bigger problems real quick.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts