Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the sct touch screen and idp's 6.4 tunes, instructions say after it reaches 100% it will tell u when to turn key off then program is complete. Its been at 100% for half an hour its froze what do I do?

·
Laces Out
12,312 Posts
I have the sct touch screen and idp's 6.4 tunes, instructions say after it reaches 100% it will tell u when to turn key off then program is complete. Its been at 100% for half an hour its froze what do I do?
ill call eric for you, hang tight. dont do anything!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok the tune finished but I went to play withe gauges and other features and it froze to a green and white screen the when I tried to turn it back on it says restore all availiable the yes then makes me turn off its fried what the hell happened iive only had it for 6 hours!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It reset but now it says download failed must put back to stock?? I followed directions to T. So I guess ill do that then try again but y will none of the data logging stuff work? Even when it downloaded 100% none of that stuff would work no gauges nothing!

·
Registered
803 Posts
The restore happen to me once last week. To fix it, I hooked it to a computer, when it asked to restore, I said no. It functioned fine after that. Something caused it to reset.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I keep a paper clip with me. I have had to reset mine a few times. Just make sure that your SCT is fully charged when changing anything. Whenever mine gets below half a charge it always does something stupid.

·
GOT WOOD!!!!
648 Posts
no that is not cool at all!!!! I have a Spartan and i have had it for almost a week and it fried my TCM i only switched tunes on it 3 times and the 3rd time there was a serg??? that is what they say???? that stopped the downloading process and now fried my TCM??? This really sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
no that is not cool at all!!!! I have a Spartan and i have had it for almost a week and it fried my TCM i only switched tunes on it 3 times and the 3rd time there was a serg??? that is what they say???? that stopped the downloading process and now fried my TCM??? This really sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't think your TCM is fried personally. I have had the same thing happen 2 or 3 times in the year and a half I have had my tuner. I had the stock file backed up on my computer, loaded the stock file back up on my truck, cleared my SD card of all the tunes, put the tunes off of my computer back on the SD card, and everything was good. The problem here is that you don't have your stock file anywhere.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
it seems that when the battery goes below half it does wierd stuff, when it full it works great anyone else have this prob.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've left several voicemail's at IDP for a call back on the same thing. I have the SCT touch extreme and have been playing with it for a few weeks.

EVERY time it gets programed, it will hang at 100% and say continue to show the do not turn key off warning.

Every time you decide to change your tune, you will have to return to stock because the custom tune will not load since it thinks it failed on the previous attempt. (uneducated guess is that this problem is an SCT issue and not IDP)

If you turn the key to the truck off before you turn the screen off, the next time you try to monitor (show the gauges) it will not work. Turn off the screen. Unplug the dongle from OBD port (you can do this while car is on or driving)... plug it back in and turn screen back on.
In come cases that does not work and the bluetooth communication has to be reset.

I also wanted to know why the standard SCT tunes did not come with my SCT tuner. I only received the IDP tunes.

The IDP street tune has driveability issues if you set the cruise control at 45 and leave the LSD on. It feels almost like an oscilation that gets worse and worse with the truck kicking back and forth. A little throttle or brake and it clears up immediately. I have not been able to replicate this with the stock tune.

After three voice mails. I've decided the concerns of some random posters claiming IDP does not return calls is true. I'm not the kind to post #### on forums before giving a vendor a chance. I'll try yet another voice mail today.

I've always had it plugged in, so I've never had the battery low.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Sorry you didn't get a call back. I haven't received your message, but will check on it.

Unfortunately, we aren't able to support the hardware itself. However, you can give SCT tech support a call and they will definitely give you insight on the "100% complete" issue. They would love your feedback, since new firmware releases should incorporate any fixes for issues like you are having.

I've noticed a few trucks here and there have "surgining/bucking" issues at around 50-60mph on some of the tunes. It seems to happen more on trucks with adjustable pedals, since I believe it's tip in throttle sensitivity. I had one customer install different gears and tires and the issue was eliminated also. Of course traction bars always help these trucks, since axle wrap is a major concern.

Thanks.

Eric

·
Registered
47 Posts
PM send with my contact info.

We'll see what we can do.

Thanks!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I also would like to know how come sct tunes do not come when purchasing idp tunes,(may not even use them but, would be nice to have em). And i will be trying to get ahold of sct cust. support this issue need to be resolved.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I also would like to know how come sct tunes do not come when purchasing idp tunes,(may not even use them but, would be nice to have em). And i will be trying to get ahold of sct cust. support this issue need to be resolved.
My software overwrites all of the memory available on the pre-programmed device. There's no room for the base SCT tunes anymore. Which of the base SCT tunes do you want? Since I build them, I can email you one to download in the custom tuned section.

Really nothing new, it works the same way with the custom tuned X3's. With the latest firmware, you have a choice of pre-programmed tunes or custom, not both.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the quick relpy, my previous reply may have been a bit unclear, sorry. I was asking a question and also commenting on the sct problem i was having with it acting wierd when the battery gets low as others were. So when i said there was an issue to contact sct about, it was not about the sct tunes not being availiable withe the idp ones. Sorry bout that thanks though.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Does anyone know what I should choose when it asks idp 5th gear, idp race lock,idp firmer stock lock?? Or better yet what do they mean??

1 - 19 of 19 Posts