Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad has a 2000 F350 7.3 and it has a HUGE puddle of oil collecting between the valve covers on the manifold. He said when he changed his oil previous he realized he was 4qts short. It still runs fine which is baffling me since when i had an oil leak my 6.0L wouldnt even start. Anyone have any ideas??

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check the turbo feed line or drain tube.
Where would that be? Just curious,i know he will ask, So i can explain this to him.

·
owner/president
2,768 Posts
Check the turbo pedistal o-rings and the oil plugs on the heads too.

·
Registered
322 Posts
i really doubt its going to be a hpop gasket, especially if its a HUGE puddle of oil in the valley. i had a 00 7.3L come in that had a hpop gasket leaking and it wouldnt run at all, cus the injectors were not getting the proper oil pressure to open them. if it were a small oil leak, then it could be the hpop gasket.
chances are that its the turbo pedastal o-rings.

·
Do Work!
230 Posts
If the gasket has been leaking long enough, the valley can be full of oil. I have replaced many HPOP's/Gaskets due to a leak that had nearly the entire valley full of oil to the point where I had to use multiple rags to soak all the oil up. I have yet to ever have a gasket leak to the point a truck wouldn't run at all but, I guess I can see the possibility if it drains the entire reservoir.

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
Ford sells an upgrades o ring kit for it. It's a common thing on a 7.3. Turbo ped o rings , hpo lines going into the valve covers. Prabably looks like he has a rear main leak. Drips down the back of the motor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts