Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 F350 w/ 6.0L. Truck was running well, slight surging with no change in accelerator position. GOt better on its own. Shut my truck off for the night, command started it in the am and it would crank but no fire. I have checked the FCIM- it has good power across the leads w/ no draw from the batteries. I have cracked the fuel filter cap and cranked- lots of fuel to the filter. Fuses- checked, relays all look good, Will not communicate with my programmer through the diagnostic port. Any one have this happen? I am open to suggestions. Not looking forward to loading it up on a low boy and hauling into town. Thx

·
Registered
405 Posts
you should post this in the roadside help section, a mod will probably move it soon. i am not too farmiliar with the 03-07 6.0s,but it does sound alot like a bad cps on a 7.3l.does the tach move when you turn it over?

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
are you getting any smoke? does it sound like its atleast making an attempt or is it cranking with no effort?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
theres no smoke, doesnt even smell like diesel. theres no effort just sounds like cranking with nothing else.i have oil pressure, the tach moves- crank sensor is ok.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
do u have a scanner of any sort? where exactly are you located? check the plugs on your ficm and make sure they havent come loose

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do have a scanner- Bully dog power pup. The FICM plugs are all good, had it out and in lastnight. I dont have comms to the programmer which leads me to believe there is an ECM issue.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I do have a scanner- Bully dog power pup. The FICM plugs are all good, had it out and in lastnight. I dont have comms to the programmer which leads me to believe there is an ECM issue.
Does the programmer power up? BTW, you need a real scan tool, not a power pup.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i dont have access to a Real scanner. I am 300km ( 175 miles) from the closest town that has a dealership.the pup does power up mbut does not go any further than the turn ignition to run screen

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
have you checked all your fuses for everything..... possibly the gpcm? whats the temp there?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have checked fuses, relays that was lastnight. might have missed somehing? and outide right now its 8 c up here.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
i dont have access to a Real scanner. I am 300km ( 175 miles) from the closest town that has a dealership.the pup does power up mbut does not go any further than the turn ignition to run screen
That doesn't sound good, that means you do have voltage at pin 16 on the dlc, but nothing on the communication pins. Check the connections at the PCM, I can't provide much more help than that, sorry.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
glow plug control module... front side of the passenger side valve cover, one green plug, one black

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have not checked that. Should i have a certain amperage going across or just unplug and clean retry?

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
unplug clean, retry..... mine were just dirty, sometimes it can be the gpcm though

1 - 16 of 16 Posts