Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys. Need help. Fired up the truck last night, running good.....for about 15 seconds, starts sputtering then dies. The fuel pressure gauge on my regulator, 0. Pump is smoking hot. Walboro. Went back at it this morning. Cracked the line going to my reg. fuel comes out with key on. Put it back to reg, cracked the sides going to the heads, nothing. Backed the spring off completely, still nothing. Ran hose from supply down to a bucket, let pump run. Put back on, still nothing going past regulator. ????????

When Carson gave me the system, he said just put the pump in stock location and this line going to filter and pump and return back. So I cut back the stock fuel lines to a foot from the front of the tank inside the frame rail, slide a hose over the stock line with the big line over it, then the other line from tank, I used as the return. Just as the stock does....or so I thought?

Is the line not big enough? Do I have to run bigger lines alllll the way to the tanks pickup? Is something wrong with the pump?

·
Registered
336 Posts
idk but is it possible the regulator is backwards?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
huh?

·
Paul
160 Posts
Is this a regulated return fuel system?
If so the pump outlet should go to a filter, then to the heads, then from the other end of the heads to the regulator, then return to the tank. Is it possible you have it hooked up so the pump is trying to push fuel through the regulator the wrong direction?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts