Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my trucks beendown for a month now and its all because i cant find the tool to remove and install new injector cups. can anyone help me out? I have called everywhere local and either they dont have it or wont let it leave the shop. please help I really need to get my truck back running thanks

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
Take it to the shop....... let them install the new cups..... then finish it yourself.... to hell with being down a month.....good luck with it man.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if it was all broke down ready to go I would. I havent had this problem in the past I had a hook up but he dont work there any more

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,656 Posts
Why are you replacing injector cups? If you have fuel in the coolant, then it is almost certainly a cracked head.

TSB 08-23-8 (primarily indicates a crack in the head)

At 1:46:55 into the video at the link below (enter the address in your web browser - and I believe you need Windows Media Player)

mms://multimedia.ford.com/fordstar/66920.wmv

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had an oring break and fry an injector so im replacing the cup since it got so hot.

I seen the whittaker tool but damn thats 450 to use it a few times didnt know if anyone knew a place i could rent it from

·
nobody likes a quitter
447 Posts
Where are you located?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just south of St.louis MO Ive called and asked everyone local to rent it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts