Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
giantred
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 03 cclb 6.0 with 11 in lift and 38 15.5 tires. Getting g around 10 mpg. My last 6.0 extended cab short bed 8 in lift 38 15.5. Got no less than 13 mpg. And up to 19 on certain high ways. The only thing different is this one has an Egr delete and a bigger exhaust and air intake. Both had programmers. First one was a banks six gun with iq. This one has an edge juice with attitude. Any insight would be great

·
giantred
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am going to get an sct. Just haven't got It yet. Even on stock mode it doesn't get very good mileage. At best I'm getting 10 mpg

·
Big dumb *******
4,200 Posts
Your last truck was a ECSB, and your current is a CCLB...significant weight difference there.

And this may piss some of y'all off, but oh well. It gets old hearing guys running huge tires and lift fussing about mpg. A 38x15.5? Dude that's some serious rolling weight. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Do you want to look good, or get good mpg?

·
giantred
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My last truck had the same size tires and an 8 in lift. Only real difference is the weight from the extra body/bed length. Not complaining about the mileage because of the lift. Wanting to figure out why it is such a significant difference from my last truck. Both were 6.0 diesels. Both had programmers.

·
Super Moderator
5,407 Posts
There are too many variables to name that will effect mileage.

Tuning quality
brake drag
Tire pressure
aerodynamics
driving habits
weight
fuel quality
filter condition

these are only a few..so, its difficult to answer your question with a definitive answer.

·
Big dumb *******
4,200 Posts
Banks and Edge are both crap on a 6.0....for the same price, buy a SCT from and reputable tuner and let them write custom tunes for YOUR truck that'll factor in everything you'd done to it. It'll run better, drive better, and you may even gain a small amount of mileage back.

Then again, no two trucks are the same. You take two identical 6.0's, and one will get better mileage than the other. And it's also like Matthew stated....many many variables to take into acct.

·
giantred
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There aren't that many different variable in all reality. I have serviced this truck the same as my last truck. I am the same driver I was before. And actually a little easier of one now. As for the programmers I agree. I want an sct. Just haven't gotten that far. I guess I'll just an sct and have a tune made for it. And then see what results I get. I'll ask the question after that if it hasn't gotten better. Thanks for all the comments though

·
Registered
351 Posts
11inch lift is going to cause way more drag even over 8 and there are tons of variables. Jus because you do the same service doesnt mean anything. Valve train can vary from truck to truck and warn cam,sticking valves dirty valves, then you have exhaust maybe there is build up or leaks in this one not the last. transmission, drive lines gears, gear oil.
TONs of variables.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.