Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Diesel Huffer
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well replaced the brake switch yesterday due to it messing up , went out with a buddy tonight and she noticed I had to tail lights but only when I but the brakes on, truck has a new multifunction switch , brake switch, and fuses are all good what could cause this? They were working fine the other night.

Thanks cj

·
Registered
700 Posts
Climb up under your rear bumper and check the wiring harness. There could be a lose or corroded connection.

·
Diesel Huffer
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But would that cause the lights not to work but allow the actual brake lights to come on

·
Registered
700 Posts
Yes the brake lights and marker lights do not run in the same wiring. if i'm not mistaken the blinkers and brake lights do. So if you haven't already, check your fuses for your marker lights and if it is ok check your harness and make sure it has a good clean connection.

·
Diesel Huffer
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Checked all the conections, still no lights did notice my plate light wires got to hot or frayed, but none of the fuses blew,grrr
and also my high mount brake light dosent come on either.
And sorry if I was confusing earlier I couldn't think of how to phrase it till now but my rear parking lights and plate lights don't work but my front parking lights do work, really need to get this fixed so I can get back on the road

·
Diesel Huffer
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
some how it fixed itself overnight thanks for the quick replies reisi1995

1 - 6 of 6 Posts