Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey 7.3 experts/mechanics. I need some help. I have a 2000 7.3 manual 2wd. It's at 198k miles right now. I just purchased it back from a guy I sold it to, and got it back pissing fuel out of the fuel feed line to the bowl. Fixed that issue and test drove. It was consuming massive amounts of oil with zero blowby whatsoever, so I naturally checked the turbo and the thrust bearing was nonexistent. Rather than rebuilding, I got a deal on a really excellent and cheap GTP38 with an EBPV delete back plate as well as the deleted pedestal. I mounted these and ran it again. The turbo works excellent, and no longer expels any oil in the exhaust. The truck has had an SCT X4 performance tune on roughly its whole life, and has worked beautifully for it. Apart from that, the truck starts right up, and will idle smooth. If you rev it, it begins to sound like it backfires, and will proceed to idle with some hiccups. Then when accelerating, it will chop like a misfire until it gets pass 2k RPM. Once it's passed that, it runs great and smooth again, but seems to be running leaner then what I was previously used to. So far, I have ran an injector buzz test, and they all worked perfect. Then I ran a cylinder contribution test and occasionally got a fault on #3 and #8. Knowing that there is no blowby whatsoever, clearly it's is not a compression issue. I took the valve covers off and started the truck with it idling and each injector poured equal amounts of oil out the exhaust ports on them back into the head. All springs in pushrods were perfectly intact. I proceeded to change the CPS out, to no avail. Today, I just received my Motorcraft ICP sensor since my stock ICP was filled with oil. I did this process thoroughly, clean the pigtail with electronic parts cleaner, and dabbed some dialetric grease on it. The truck continues to run choppy below 2k rpm, and I attempted to add a video in the post but there was no volume. The 52 pin connector was also in tact with no damage or exposed wires. My last thought was to replace the under valve cover harnesses, but I'm sick of just throwing parts at it. I have no SES light on the dash, or any lights for that matter. I know 7.3's hold hidden codes in the PCM, but I ran two different types of OBD readers and used the FORScan app to run the tests and nothing came back, not a single code. I changed the fuel filter and ran the sea foam injector cleaning process. The fuel pump also is working perfect because when the fuel feed line was punctured it poured about a cup every 5 seconds. I'm stumped, and need any help possible, rather than replacing everything left. Could it be injector Stiction? If it was an HPOP or IPR problem wouldn't that be apparent through the RPM range? Sorry for the lengthy post but I'm trying to be as thorough as possible to give any information I can on my issue. Thank you to everyone in advance馃憤馃徏

Registered
Hey 7.3 experts/mechanics. I need some help. I have a 2000 7.3 manual 2wd. It's at 198k miles right now. I just purchased it back from a guy I sold it to, and got it back pissing fuel out of the fuel feed line to the bowl. Fixed that issue and test drove. It was consuming massive amounts of oil with zero blowby whatsoever, so I naturally checked the turbo and the thrust bearing was nonexistent. Rather than rebuilding, I got a deal on a really excellent and cheap GTP38 with an EBPV delete back plate as well as the deleted pedestal. I mounted these and ran it again. The turbo works excellent, and no longer expels any oil in the exhaust. The truck has had an SCT X4 performance tune on roughly its whole life, and has worked beautifully for it. Apart from that, the truck starts right up, and will idle smooth. If you rev it, it begins to sound like it backfires, and will proceed to idle with some hiccups. Then when accelerating, it will chop like a misfire until it gets pass 2k RPM. Once it's passed that, it runs great and smooth again, but seems to be running leaner then what I was previously used to. So far, I have ran an injector buzz test, and they all worked perfect. Then I ran a cylinder contribution test and occasionally got a fault on #3 and #8. Knowing that there is no blowby whatsoever, clearly it's is not a compression issue. I took the valve covers off and started the truck with it idling and each injector poured equal amounts of oil out the exhaust ports on them back into the head. All springs in pushrods were perfectly intact. I proceeded to change the CPS out, to no avail. Today, I just received my Motorcraft ICP sensor since my stock ICP was filled with oil. I did this process thoroughly, clean the pigtail with electronic parts cleaner, and dabbed some dialetric grease on it. The truck continues to run choppy below 2k rpm, and I attempted to add a video in the post but there was no volume. The 52 pin connector was also in tact with no damage or exposed wires. My last thought was to replace the under valve cover harnesses, but I'm sick of just throwing parts at it. I have no SES light on the dash, or any lights for that matter. I know 7.3's hold hidden codes in the PCM, but I ran two different types of OBD readers and used the FORScan app to run the tests and nothing came back, not a single code. I changed the fuel filter and ran the sea foam injector cleaning process. The fuel pump also is working perfect because when the fuel feed line was punctured it poured about a cup every 5 seconds. I'm stumped, and need any help possible, rather than replacing everything left. Could it be injector Stiction? If it was an HPOP or IPR problem wouldn't that be apparent through the RPM range? Sorry for the lengthy post but I'm trying to be as thorough as possible to give any information I can on my issue. Thank you to everyone in advance馃憤馃徏
hey well you told me something I didn't know so anyway I would always start with go around and wiggle wire harness everywhere there are connections especially but if the harness touching anything I even clean all connections (contact cleaner) some no money or parts options to look at bud hope you find it

Registered
hey well you told me something I didn't know so anyway I would always start with go around and wiggle wire harness everywhere there are connections especially but if the harness touching anything I even clean all connections (contact cleaner) some no money or parts options to look at bud hope you find it
one more thing try another cps MotorCraft only cps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts