Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yalll let me start off by letting everybody know..

MY truck Is a 08 F250 with the dreaded 6.4// basically has 196k, dpf delete , ego delete and was running like a top until recently

SO basically whats happening is my truck is dumping oil out the tail pipe.. had it diagnosed and told to change the turbos.. NO luck.. literally took the time to replace high and low side turbos...Now not as much oil but still pretty prevalent..

had a number 8 cyl misfire .. replaced turbos and getting an occasional 1 misfire it self and a crank shaft position sensor code. with number 8..

anyways hopefully engine not blown,,... but was cruising 65 when it sarted to smoke a #### ton.. pulled over.. and towed .. didn't drive on it at all..

literally next more started it no codes.. had it checked out diagnosed bad turbos...

literally let the truck sit for about a month..( brought out the old 7.3 out of retirement)

Bam next time I started it had 8 cyl misfire. replaced turbos.. and now

practically the same boat but P0308 and P0301 and some other crank shaft positioning sensor code.. Literally dont know what to do..,

I know im being redundant but could a crank shaft position sensor out of wack cause excess oil to come out the tail pipe????

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,396 Posts
You sure its oil and not sooty fuel? Injector dumping fuel into the cylinder? And no, a faulty cps would not cause that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts