Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long drive today with my wife and kids, getting on the freeway and put the wood to her and it hesitated then I lost all power, truck was running and downshifting but there was absolutely zero throttle response. Tried to get over to the shoulder but I was staring at the off ramp and traffic was coming up my ass. All I could do was throw it in neutral and restart then bang it back into drive so I could pull off the road safely. I was pissed, my wife was freaking out and my girls were scared too. What the hell just happened? The truck had done this before when I was messing around and it was doing the regen. But this time was dangerous and not regenning.... The truck has a torq2, an Edge insight on level 1 with torque management turned off, and a sprintbooster throttle module. It has done this with the insight on level 3 as well. I'm about to my limit. Can someone please help me out? Was this an EGT sensor? Programming issue? Please help!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any codes? That is the first thing to get so that we know which direction to start.
Only code that shows is a P0000. which just says diagnostic not complete???

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've had almost the same response!! I started to pull a 6% grade with about 13,000lbs on behind me and as I put the pedal down she lost all power and actually stalled! I shut the key off real quick and fired her back up, threw it in gear and instantly back on the throttle as I turned the Torq2 off. She ran the rest of the grade and trip fine with the Torq2 off. I've had some issues at idle to, I pulled in to the parking lot at work the other day and she stalled, I fired her back up and almost sounded like she was running on one bank. Shut her off, let her sit about two minutes and she ran fine. This was last week, and it was also with the Torq2 off. Sooo....Monday I pulled the Torq2 off. She has been running flawless since. I think the module must be bad or something because even with it turned off I was having issues and its "tee'd" into the fuel rail pressure sensor and that was the only thing I've ever run.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am pretty sure the Torq 2 is coming off this weekend... i need to win the lottery so I can get a tuner that will let me turn off the dpf so i can get this thing tuned right and get my MPG's up over 16...

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have had this happen a few times with my '13 running the hottest MCC tunes. Your fueling box is probably dropping rail pressure too much like a previous poster said. I would get a code stating major fuel leak detected, and it would shut down. Would need a restart on the side of the road and it would be fine after. Need a better lift pump.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts