Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
One of a kind
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just add to the list wat you think it will take to make the truck bullet proof.
1. dpf delete - done
2. tuner - done / new one comeing soon
3. Guages - done
4. egr delete - saveing for
5. headstuds - saveing for
6. intake - done
7. ccv mod - comeing soon
8. tranny - hopefully not anytime soon

Do these trucks need the colant filer and oil cooler mods like the 6.0's?

What else do i need to add to my list of things to get done. Because I allmost have the truck paid off. Then I can start really spending on it since there wont be a payment.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I would do the coolant filter from DieselSite, its always a plus, especially when you see what that filter does for ANY engine. Im kind of matching your build in a sense. Idk how you feel about upgrades like AirDog II, Elite Stage 1 Upgrade, CFM+ Elbow, 4" DP, CAC pipe, and Elite Tow-power Atmosphere Turbo. A new TC would help a stock trans last aswell. This is the direction im going, hope this helps.

·
One of a kind
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks it did.

·
One of a kind
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would do the coolant filter from DieselSite, its always a plus, especially when you see what that filter does for ANY engine. Im kind of matching your build in a sense. Idk how you feel about upgrades like AirDog II, Elite Stage 1 Upgrade, CFM+ Elbow, 4" DP, CAC pipe, and Elite Tow-power Atmosphere Turbo. A new TC would help a stock trans last aswell. This is the direction im going, hope this helps.
Have you had a problem with just the blocker plates? And what kind of boost numbers are you seeing?

·
Registered
649 Posts
I haven't had an issue with the plates, super easy install. I pegged out 52 psi once when I was against a new Challenger SRT-8, usually mid 40's. I havent been hard on it due to the fact im having issues with my VTG charger. I was set on a single charger kit from MPD but now idk if I wanna go THAT in depth, i may just buy a VW TDI and use my truck when I need it and for a lil weekend fun.

·
One of a kind
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea my truck hits 50 psi prety regular.

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
1. EGR delete/CAC pipe/intake elbow*
2. Head studs*
3. Batmowheel drop in or Elite 71mm atmospheric upgrade
4. 4" downpipe if you don't have one yet*
5. Air Dog II
6. Any mod that is preventative maintenance (CCV reroute, coolant filter, etc.)*

*Most important

·
One of a kind
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Jeff.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Jeff, does the cab have to be pulled for the batmowheel install? and how is the difference driveability wise on the Spartan tunes 275+

·
Registered
649 Posts
How the tunes are after the wheels...

·
Fasthog.com
1,053 Posts
Man im Sub'd

So far I think im on same page as you
1. Spartan Tuner
2. Intake
3. Exhaust
4. Cac and Downpipe
5. EGR delete (installing next week)

So whats best upgrade after... just do head studs? What tranny is best way to go just for a solid long lasting daily driver.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I would go with a Suncoast tranny. But depending on how you drive I would just wait until the stocker gives.

·
Registered
148 Posts
what do headstuds go for to get them installed? what kit is good for just daily driving and towing nothing crazy?

·
Registered
683 Posts
My dealer quoted me today 2500 for installing the studs.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
1. EGR delete/CAC pipe/intake elbow*
2. Head studs*
3. Batmowheel drop in or Elite 71mm atmospheric upgrade
4. 4" downpipe if you don't have one yet*
5. Air Dog II
6. Any mod that is preventative maintenance (CCV reroute, coolant filter, etc.)*

*Most important
:whs:

·
Registered
185 Posts
wheres a good place to get all this? i already have a spartan, 5inch dp back exhaust, and intake. just lookin for the rest of the goodies and a good place to order them from

1 - 20 of 29 Posts