Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided I want to spend a little cash on some mods. My current mods are in my signature. Not really looking for a specific horsepower number just some solid supporting mods for a elite tow power atmospheric turbo. Here is what I have purchased so far:

Elite 71mm turbo
H-11 studs
6.0 manifolds

So give me some ideas fellas

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
41 Posts
HHHMMMMM......Dont see these in your signature:

4" downpipe
EDE or No Limit Cold side pipe
Fuel system upgrade (Airdog w/ Upgrade kit)

ALL DEPENDS ON HOW MUCH MONEY YOU WANNA SPEND!!!

Let us know how you like the TURBO....thinking about going that route myself!!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
4" downpipe will be ordered tomorrow. I am pretty sure I want to upgrade the fuel system. I looked at the air dog and the upgrade kit. I will probably go that route

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Let me know if you need any parts... There are quite a few things I would add too like a trans, torque converter, custom tunes, wastegate, and few other things

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
What type of exhaust are you running??? I just see the delete pipe....so a 5" exhaust would help.

IF you are doing studs might as well do valve springs, pushrods and a cam. I am getting all of my parts and doing the cab off one time. I HOPE!!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
4" dp back exhaust

·
Registered
323 Posts
I think the cam is a little more involved, someone on here mentioned something about dropping the crank or something along that line... If anyone knows any different let me know cause my heads are coming off soon and if a cam is that easy I might as well put one in while its

If you want to do 6.0 manifolds you can find them cheap used... get them ceramic coated. Get some up pipes from elite or mpd, and a waste gate since your going to do a downpipe as well you can get that all done at once and plumb the gate into the downpipe. Make sure your intake has everything, CAC pipe, intake elbow, a good clean air filter while your at it since your throwing on a new charger.

With the H-11s are you doing studs one at a time or are you doing head gaskets as well? If youre taking the heads off you are going to have to replace all the fuel lines under the valve cover, and if youre going to do that might as well replace the fuel rails while youre in there, that way in the future you dont have to replace all the lines again just to have ported fuel rails. Speaking of fuel, airdog with fuel bowl delete, or make your own fuel system if youre crafty... Seems to be the basics besides a tranny. Maybe a BOV, even though they arent proven to be needed.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What would be nessary for around a 700rwhp setup?

·
MINK
1,049 Posts
What would be nessary for around a 700rwhp setup?
700 is the max proven on stock fuel so far.

You will need a trans before anything.

The 71mm atmosphere will come up short for air also.

There are a few ways to reach that number but it comes down to how you use the truck.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Before going out and getting 700whp you need to look at making it all work together. You must look at making 700whp reliable and what are you going to use the truck for. From where you are at right now with Downpipe back exhaust and EGR delete and H-11 studs sitting under the Christmas tree. I would now address the Trans. that address alone is about a 4000 dollar Christmas stocking stuffer! Next would be a torque converter, that is a 1100 dollar bottle of Champagne for New years. Next is Valentines Day spend 500 dollars on a Box of chocolates of 500 dollars on a 5"turbo back exhaust, your choice. Now we are ready for some air. I would talk with the Easter bunny (Mike and Craig) at MPD about their single turbo kits. I know some will say if your all ready going to pull the heads off put in stronger pushrods, do fuel rails upgrade the springs and what not, yes those are all options but I just do not have that many witty ways to put all that in.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well forget the number 700. What would be good supporting mods to maximize the 71mm turbo I have on the way? I will have the cab off for studs so I want to do everything under the hood in one shot.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Awesome! Thanks Luke

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Ported rails are a waste of money. We run stock rails on all the cp3 twin fuel kits. Have trucks running everything from 30% over injectors up to 150% over and they all maintain rail pressure perfectly.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What about ported intake manifold?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I got the elite 71mm, 6.0 manifolds, custom uppipes, and 4" dp. I am installing all this in 2 weeks. It will be about 6 months before I do phase two of the build

1 - 20 of 22 Posts