Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Harley

Votes: 35 85.4%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok im doing the 05 conversion and I swear this is the last thread I will start about it but I cant decide If I should get the standard headlights or the Harley's...???? Please let me know what ya think.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I guess Im going with the harleys thanks for all the input guys! Last thing I need for my conversion is the 05 bumper brackets.....anyone know what I need? Thanks

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok guys got the front end put on today! So glad I went with the HD lights looks bad a$$, Hopefully ill get the bumper valance painted to match this week.

G

·
Looks much better.. How much did it cost you for the light's and the grill if you don't mind me asking. I see your in Stow, I worked in Maynard for eight years..

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I paid about 250 + shipping for the grill, lights and header panel. Came in a kit off of ebay qaulity of the grill and header panel are great, panel came white so I had to paint that black. Well see if the lights hold up ive heard good and bad things about them. And the bumper, fogs and valance came from the same place on ebay, again....great qaulity and price. I'll grab the links for you tomorrow when I get the chance. You dont by any chance know my dad Ben Poulson do you?

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
looks absolutely awesome :ford:

now your gonna need some smoked recon lenses on the cab lights and mirrors too.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
looks absolutely awesome :ford:

now your gonna need some smoked recon lenses on the cab lights and mirrors too.
Read my mind! Ill be ordering some when the checking account recovers in a couple weeks LOL Thanks!

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
there ya go, truck already looks great but will look that much better then.

The cab lights are kind of a PITA to install but doable. Least the kit I had didn't have any hardware for bolting down the lights and no studs like the stock ones so it becomes a 2 person job to hold the bolt from spinning on the outside and then tighten down the nut from the inside.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
there ya go, truck already looks great but will look that much better then.

The cab lights are kind of a PITA to install but doable. Least the kit I had didn't have any hardware for bolting down the lights and no studs like the stock ones so it becomes a 2 person job to hold the bolt from spinning on the outside and then tighten down the nut from the inside.
So im guessing you have to pull the headliner in the cab to get to the bolts? Thanks for the heads up....I can mentally prepare myself nowLOL

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
So im guessing you have to pull the headliner in the cab to get to the bolts? Thanks for the heads up....I can mentally prepare myself nowLOL
yup to get the factory lights out and replace with the recon LED... UNLESS you go simply with smoked lenses on the factory housing/bulbs.

The headliner isn't all that bad and doesn't have to be completely removed. I could walk you through the entire process if your worried about it

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok sounds good! I would prob go with the leds because they probably look way better im guessing. Ill let ya know if I get them and cant figure it out but I think it wont be to bad.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
sounds good. I got the LED ones and as much as they were stupid pita to install I think it was well worth it, look much better

G

·
I think I paid about 250 + shipping for the grill, lights and header panel. Came in a kit off of ebay qaulity of the grill and header panel are great, panel came white so I had to paint that black. Well see if the lights hold up ive heard good and bad things about them. And the bumper, fogs and valance came from the same place on ebay, again....great qaulity and price. I'll grab the links for you tomorrow when I get the chance. You dont by any chance know my dad Ben Poulson do you?
No I don't.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Got the smoked cab lenses and the mirror lenses from recon put on today came out pretty good....but the mirror lenses were tough to get to fit right, had to apply some plastic glue and bungee cord it down to the mirror while it dried but now they fit much better than they did dry....

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
looks sweet, I gotta get around to doing the mirror lenses one of these days, and those harley headlights.

Looks like ya had some fun up at the track too judging by the numbers.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks! And yes plenty of fun.....Im saving up for my arp's and egr delete now, Im proud of my truck for not leaking any coolant yet at 108K miles but I know its gotta happen eventually especially if I keep going to the track! LOL

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
Thanks! And yes plenty of fun.....Im saving up for my arp's and egr delete now, Im proud of my truck for not leaking any coolant yet at 108K miles but I know its gotta happen eventually especially if I keep going to the track! LOL
Good deal. I got the same miles on my truck, but it likes to puke every now and then. Gotta put an oil cooler in it soon enough. But your smoking me on times and trap speed, best I have done is a 14.7 at 89

Studs and a delete should work great though and keep the truck running good for a while to come.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Were gonna have to race when we all go up to epping should be fun! And your truck is much longer which would explain the slightly slower times...Us fords should be able to make quite the impression up there this year, I have only seen a few cummins and duramax and they are all running mid - high 14's so alot of us guys should be able to show them hows its done :ford:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.