Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 f250 ccsb that I just finished a frame off resto on and am at the point of choosing what tires to go with. I already decided 16x10 Mickey Thompson classic 2s fir wheels. The truck has a Dana 60 swapped in already and is lifted a little. I plan on running 315/75/16s for tire size. I will be towing a little with it. I want something that has a little aggressive look to it but will still do well on the road with no road noise and will last a lot of miles. Something like nitto terra grapplers or Mickey Thompson atzs? Im open for any suggestions. Thanks guys. I will post up a build thread soon

·
Registered
757 Posts
I still like my BFG AT.

·
Im stroke-less
291 Posts
I didn't have much luck with the nittos. The atz looks good heard good things bout them but never ran them. Have you thought bout the bfg ats?

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have to vote for Toyo MTs

·
Registered
347 Posts
i like my Hankook Dynapro ATMs

·
diesel and nothing else
1,620 Posts
got a different truck but was driving for 60k toyo M55 great tire, amazing traction in snow and real quiet, great handling in gravel and mud, did I mention the snow traction. :)

·
Registered
306 Posts
Not terribly but they are a mud tire so you can hear them

·
Registered
15 Posts
i have the toyo open country at on one of my trucks, and their great. towed good road good and werent loud. they aren't to aggressive but they've taken me places in plowed fields to get to some tractors that i didnt think theyd make it through.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I've had the toyos and had a buddy who had the atz's....the atz's are really nice and perform well but they're hard to get ahold of now...as for the toyos..I have run 4 sets of them and if they made them in a 40 for a 24 I'd be replacing mine this time with toyo mt's again....absolutely amazing on road manners and great offroad manners as well.

Chad

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
I am a BIG fan of the ATZs and wanted to put a set on my CCSb but God Dam they are expensive.
I ended up going with Kelly Safari TSRs and do they throw stones:(

·
BrokeAss
841 Posts
How are your safari's holding up brad? I had a set and they didn't seem to last and a friend has em on a sheep and they aren't lasting long either. They are both the older design though.

·
BrokeAss
841 Posts
A fried of mine has them on his 97 and they are less than 1/2 tread in 10k
Mine were at around half tread in under 10k. I guess you get what you pay for.
I had some of the original kumho road ventures at the same time and they looked brand new with idk how many miles and the date on the sidewall was 2001 :doh:

·
Administrator
32,965 Posts
Procomps extremes were awsome on mine for 50k now I have Toyo M/T and have been impressed
My BFG's would pick up the 1/2-3/4 inch rocks from my storage unt gravel road
I hated that

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Dick Cepek Fun Country II's and get them syped.....Long wear not too noisy good at clearing mud and snow for an AT type tire

jrc

1 - 20 of 41 Posts