Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I blew out my ypipe bellows so I decided to do an egr delete while down there.. Did it and now it won't start. Cranks but doesn't fire. I am reading 0 ficm voltage ( I swapped in my other ficm to see if it was the issue and it also read 0v) I get the codes:
P2623 ICP regulator open
u0105 lost communication with FICM and
U0306 software incompatibility with FICM

please help guys, everything is greatly appreciated. This is my only
Vehicle

Thank you

·
whistle tits
3,498 Posts
You didnt get your ficm plugs all the way in. You have to REALLY pull up on the ficm plugs to seat them in ficm, you have to use both hands and cradle the ficm and pull up with your fingers. Double check you plugged your ipr in too. Make sure you re attatched the ground for the ficm too, its the ground that goes on the back intake manifold bolt

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I never touched my ficm .. But I took it out and reinstalled it and the same issue. 0.0V. And yep it is an icp code.. If I did leave it unplugged how much of a pain is it ?

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
Check your ground wire that connects to the very back intake bolt/stud under the FICM. like ghohouston said. That IPR connection can be a problem to connect, depends how big your hands are, if it was a early engine with the intake crossover I'd say start pulling the turbo.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My trucks an 07 so the ipr is on the passenger valve cover . And when I removed the ficm I also re mounted the ground wire to the ficm

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
My trucks an 07 so the ipr is on the passenger valve cover . And when I removed the ficm I also re mounted the ground wire to the ficm
your IPR is ontop of your HPOP under the turbo, ICP sensor is on your valve cover.

As mentioned above, make sure the FICM plugs (3) are all in tight, and your feel them click, also make sure the ground wire is back on the rear stud of the manifold.

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
:whs:

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The ground wire is on the stud to the manifold. All 3 connections under the ficm audibly clicked in. Any chance I blew the idm relay ? And can I see the ipr valve under the turbo without removing it ?

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Check icp pressure when cranking .. 340psi, not the 500 I need

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ficm fuse and relay is good. They all look good and swapped them with my dad's identical truck. No change

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
Check icp pressure when cranking .. 340psi, not the 500 I need
You have a leak, time to air test the HPO system.
Did you figure out your FICM voltage?

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I haven't figured out my ficm voltage yet. But yes after seeing low icp pressure it is time to air test the hpo. Any tips?

·
whistle tits
3,498 Posts
If youre positive the ipr is plugged in, unplug your icp sensor and see if it starts. If not, you could start by pulling the ipr and seeing if the screen is still in tact.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I haven't figured out my ficm voltage, that it step 1.. I am positive the ipr is plugged in. So I did some continuity testing , my ground is good at the manifold, good at where the wire enters the loom. We also put the continuity tester on the negative and checked the ficm harness pins and it never lit up. Does that indicate I'm not getting power to the ficm? Or would it not put out enough Volts to light it up.. This truck is cursed

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Can you hear the ficm come on?

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The injectors do buzz

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
When I pulled the inner fender well... Could I have damaged the wiring to the fuse block?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Are you running a tuner? Try returning it to stock it might be bricked

1 - 20 of 25 Posts