Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i got my truck back from the shop today got new injectors a regulated return and needed a whole new wiring harness aswell. my mechanic tried starting this morning and the batteries were completely dead. turns out batteries were bad but warrenty coverd. now i had my truck out tearing up the town about 2 hours ago went out to start again and its dead again but this time is not a normal "dead" its like theres no connection no gauges no fuel pump runnig no interior lights etc. IDEAS PLEASE!!!!!!

·
All done now
22,483 Posts
Need more info. First thing I would do is call the mechanic back.

·
All done now
22,483 Posts
What is the battery voltage. Does anything register on the dash. When you turn the key, does the gauge take a dip. Have you checked fuses or battery connections. Do the battery cables feel warm.

Oops, you said no guages.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea its like there is no batteries in the truck whatsoever and the cables are not hot like a short or anything so i dont know where to go all fuses are okay aswell.

·
Registered
842 Posts
are you sure your getting a Good battery connection/

·
Headwind Magnet
626 Posts
It's a long shot but I'll mention it just the same.

I had a similar problem after changing my IDM - completely dead truck with no electrical power anywhere. It was a wiring harness problem. On my 02 there is a fuse link on the driver-side wheel well that is under the air box aft of the battery; the cover is a black square box. The connections under that black cover had corroded through. They broke when I loosened the wheel well to get at the IDM.

I think you've got a wiring harness problem given yours is new. Start wiggling the harness and see if power comes back. Good luck.
Best,
Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts