Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I have had all my work done at different strokes. I am having a problem now that still isn't fixed. It cold smokes in all temps real bad a blueish whitish ting to it and it will puff for about 5-8 min until the truck is beginning to warm up. Compression is good buzz test good too.

I am asking if anyone has a tester they can pull a cylinder contribution test on the truck up here I want to see this for myself? I really think I still have an injection problem. Thanks for the help and understanding I am away from home with the usaf up here and its tough not having my own tools lol.

Chris

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sounds like possible injector o-rings.

·
Lots to learn
374 Posts
I get back to Elmendorf here in a bit. We can plug AE in and complete a contribution/buzz test if you like, and look your rig over.

In the interim, put a piece of blank white paper in front of the exhaust as it warms up for a minute or so...give it a whiff afterward...see if the exhaust smells more like fuel, oil, or engine coolant.

What temperature ranges does it do it at? What injectors? What tuning?

Ron has a lot of experience with the 7.3.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have banks six gun banks stinger plus kit banks ram air, no ebpv, gutted pedestal. I've seen the truck smoke in 55 degree weather. But usually the colder the better for it to smoke or just sitting for a period of a couple days and not starting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts