Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please help! i just got my new #8 injector in to r/r and when i pull the valve cover and do the quadruple check it via "cut-out test" (where u pull the injector connector outta injector and see if the engine changes rpm while running) and now the old one seems to be effin working! no change. and now the engine is sprayin oil out from right around the #8 injector....it has never done that in the 3 times ive checked and rechecked the injectors to solve my misfire issue....does any of this make sense?!!!!

ive changed the uvh on both sides and after that and before ordering new #8 injector it still was misfiring....

·
Premium Member
3,060 Posts
please help! i just got my new #8 injector in to r/r and when i pull the valve cover and do the quadruple check it via "cut-out test" (where u pull the injector connector outta injector and see if the engine changes rpm while running) and now the old one seems to be effin working! no change. and now the engine is sprayin oil out from right around the #8 injector....it has never done that in the 3 times ive checked and rechecked the injectors to solve my misfire issue....does any of this make sense?!!!!

ive changed the uvh on both sides and after that and before ordering new #8 injector it still was misfiring....
if you still have the factory fuel system...it will probably take 20 MILES (not minutes) before #8 injector gets any "fuel" from the fuel system...

The (factory) fuel path on the 7.3L Super Duty's is horrible...the factory fuel circuit comes from the tank, to the pump, to the filter housing in the valley...

From the filter housing it can go 3 places...back to the tank (through the internal pressure regulator on the drivers side of the filter housing)...or to the FRONT of the drivers side head (nearest #2cyl) or to the REAR of the passenger side head (nearest #7cyl).

this "dead head" fuel system will trap air in the heads (near cyls 1 & 8) when injectors are replaced.

if you got the replacement injector from a respected source, then you have no reason to not button it up and roll.

take care~

Dave

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
If you pulled the connector and got no change, the old one was not working. If it was working, you would have had a miss when you pulled that injector connector.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts