Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man I just got my truck back from having egr delete, downpipes ect...
I took truck on 500 mile trip, it ran great! I let my son drive it tonight, when he pulled in parking lot I noticed puddles of water. I looked under passenger side door its huge puddle of water! I looked it's leaking when ac is on. We are down in the gulf and it's very humid, but I never noticed it leaking that much water from ac before. Is that typical? What can cause it?also I put man hand up in the air duct in floor and it's wet.. I hoping it's just so humid, but idk? Any suggestions? Y'all think it's just condensation from the heat?

·
09 6.4
989 Posts
the outside dripping is just from the condensation, nothing to worry about. if it is getting the carpet inside wet then one of the drain holes is plugged up

·
Registered
683 Posts
Just condensation. Its very humid here in the gulf coast region...

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I looked again this morn, carpet not wet, but it's pouring water. Big blue I think y'all are rt it's the humidity! I have never seen it drain that much! Scared me for a second! Thks guys!!!

·
Registered
955 Posts
Are you positive it is only water?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes.. I but my hand under it caught it, it's water from a/c. When I cut ac off it stops. I think it's just humidity, I have never seen it drain like that, and maybe I just hadn't paid that much attention..

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
It's funny you say this. The other week (just installed long tubes on my mustang) I shut the car off and head a sizzling noise coming from under the car. Got out and saw a small puddle. At this point I'm thinking coolant for sure. Needless to say I popped the hood and was amazed at the condensation on my ac lines. Thank fully it was only a nice cool puddle of water under the car from the ac.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts