Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the new pump attendant at Quik Check in Hillsborough put $20 worth of gas in my stroker the other night. :mad: Even though i told him diesel, my fuel door is clearly labeled "diesel only" and my rear window has a HUGE custom Powerstroke Turbo Diesel 7.3 vinyl on it, not to mention the stock ps badges on the fenders.

Im a regular at this QC. When i went in to talk to the head manager and fuel manager, they all cringed when they realized it was my truck the kid f'ed up on. Everyone has been extremely helpful and supportive. They know how i am about my truck and are paying for whatever I need to get my truck fixed (rental car, tow truck, all repairs parts and labor). One employee said I shoulda brought my work truck in that niht instead so i coulda messed that up and my boss coulda got rid of the pos topkick and got me the F-750 i been askin for. :ford:

I need to find a reliable shop to have my truck towed to and fixed. Im looking for a stricly diesel shop or one that does alot of diesel work. The local ford dealers arent very reliable around here. Does anyody have any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
15,560 Posts
I dont really see how this is a road emergency.

with that said.....

Mason's Diesel Inc

157 Delsea Drive
Sewell, NJ

(856) 228-9191

Authorized dealer. Our preferred brands include am bosch, cav, robert bosch, simms, stanadyne and zexel. We can assist you with authorized dealer for:, heui - power stroke elect. injectors , nj diesel emissions inspection center , simms, stanadyne, zexel, simms, stanadyne and zexel. Quality service since 1975, am bosch, robert bosch, cav. We've been in business since 1975.

·
Headwind Magnet
626 Posts
They are not a diesel shop, but I swear by them. They drilled out and helicoiled the #8 injector hold-down bolt on mine when it broke on me. Very honest and some of the best all-round mechanics you'll find. Might be able to help you. They're about 5 minutes from exit 33 off Rt 287. Good luck! Gotta love NJ where the driver isn't qualified to pump their own fuel...
Green Village Garage – Green Village, NJ Auto Service

Best,
Jim

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
I was down my in-laws this past week and almost had the same thing happen to me. They appparently can't read. If I were you I would make them replace the entire fuel system as it has been contaminated with gasoline, including the fuel pump, regulator, and bowl. Actually If you started the truck after he put the gas in there is always the possibility that it did damage to the engine. I would make them put a new engine in it. Maybe then they will hire people with an IQ above 40.

232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the input guys. i drove bout 10 miles before it started actin up. qc is payin for all repairs wheather its a full rebuild or replacing the engine. the only thing im worried about is i got 300k on the motor and trans. im gonna have a "new" engine either way, and an old tired trans. i dont have the money to replace the trans my self so im hoping the shop i go to can convince qc to pay for that too.

·
Premium Member
15,560 Posts
your trans should be fine. if not they better do a good job at talking QC into buying you a new trans too since the fuel wouldnt effect it.

232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i know the fuel wont directly affect the trans but down the line you dont think a fresh engine isnt gonna make the trans go? i know these trans normally need to be replaced or rebuilt around 150k. i been lucky so far. i know how my luck usually works and im just tryin to avoid future bs and problems

232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i bought it from the original owner who said its never been replaced or rebuilt. he gave me all of the service records and reciepts for everything including every oil change, tires and even lightbulbs. when i bought the truck it didnt have a hitch on it and the bed was extremely clean. the previous owner was a foreman and used it just to drive from job to job.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts