Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1997 F350 that's having an oil leak. I'm not too knowledgeable on diesels... so I'm hoping you guys can point me in the right direction. I tried to take pictures to show.

Here's on top which I assume to be the valley? It's right beside the turbo.
Wood Nail Arthropod Personal protective equipment Human leg

Now, I went under the engine to look at the oil pan and it is also covered in oil. Mostly on the passenger side.
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Wheel

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper Gas Wood

On the bottom of the pan the oil is building up and dripping off on the front.

Anyone have any idea? I've researched and noticed people saying that oil will leak from the top of the engine, then down to the back, which would get the pan all covered. But I don't know.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
Get some brake cleaner and go to work on where you see oil. Get as much of it cleaned up as possible, then watch it over the course of a few days.

The one in the valley may be the turbo O rings, the one on the oil pan could be valve cover gaskets or the dipstick adapter.

Any oil leak in the valley will flow out of drain holes at the back of the engine and drain down over the bell housing and side of the motor.

Reactions: rustbucket

·
Registered
617 Posts
I'd use lots of water, Dawn, & surfactant (PurplePower, SimpleGreen) before any solvent. Soap & water won't hurt the paint or plastics.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts