Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to mull this over. Truck passes injector buzz but fails cyl balance on a few cylinders. I think blowby is okay(the oil cap dont budge turned over). HPOP cks good.
Truck needs a little more for towing. I dont want to drop coin for injectors and turbo. My Banks kit for 6.0 intercooler swap is due in anyday
Should I pay for compression ck or just go with injectors? If I get Beans rebuilt stage 1s I need their chip to control egts($1600).
Or, should I get my stock injectors rebuild and go with a D66? Any leads on inexpensive injector rebuild?
This truck tows, I dont care about racing, egts matter pulling 10k around in the mountains. Thanks

·
Registered
15,561 Posts
rosewood diesel (and whoever sells his kits) is gonna be the cheapest route if you feel you have the skill to take on building your injectors into stage 1's, and yes i said build cause unless your gonna replace all the parts in the injectors then they aren't gonna be rebuilt. Beans does have some awesome tuning but I would say you NEED their tuning to control their injectors. I have seen guy buy their injectors, run gearhead tuning and have a turbo from swamps.

I hope that I have helped ya some.

·
Metal - It kicks your ass
3,090 Posts
Deisel Performance Plus has good injectors. IIRC they are also Rosewoods injectors... If you need to, contact Darrell at DPPPOWER.COM aka DppPower on PSN.

But if your going to get injectors it would be smart to have tuning to get the best performance out of them. The Edge you currently have is'nt going to cut it as far as managing pulse width and timing and all that hoopla.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
injectors and chip firstand gauges first, a turbo with out injectors will not gain you anything.
I have baby swamps and there tunes and beans D-66 great combo for towing.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts