Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was accelerating and heard a pop and lost power. I limped my 06 F350 home and accelerated three blocks away from home. I stall when I took my foot off the pedal. I have just replaced my injectors, installed an EGR delete, and taken it in to the Ford dealer who thinks it is a high pressure oil leak. I have hooked up a air line to the icp sensor and supplied 12V to the ipr sensor on the hpop. All I hear is alot of air moving below the hpop. Should I go into the motor more and check the branch tube? I have also replaced the ipr valve, and when I pressurize the passenger side oil rail I hear a leak with the ipr valve open and no leak with it closed but during both of these situtations there is a large leak in the lower part of the engine is this normal?

·
Smoke Blowin Stroker
53 Posts
I bet you blew the two piece stc apart they have a updated one piece one out now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have ordered the one piece sct just in case but when I removed it, it looked prefect no o-ring damage at all. The old ipr valve oring was twisted so I replaced it, and the dummy stand pipe on passenger side seems questionable. I need to know if I should be able to heard a large amount of air moving when under the hpop when I air test through the icp on the oil rail with 12V closing the ipr valve under cold conditions. HELP!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:D I found a way to test branch tube for my 06 F350 6.0L. I removed the valve covers, the turbo, then the hpop. I made a solid rubber gasket for the snap to connect adaptor so it could be sandwiched between the branch tube and the stc adaptor. This then allowed me to eliminate any issues with the pump. I then made a adaptor to fit into the icp sensor in the passenger side oil rail with a ball valve to control the air flow. I have so far found that both front dummy plugs lower o-rings are leaking. I will post with more info as I proceed.:bowfast:

·
Smoke Blowin Stroker
53 Posts
Cool man it's good to see it's not the branch tubes. I'm batteling a high pressure oil problem on my truck too. I made me a adapator out of my fuel pressure test kit from work to air test the high pressure oil system. I'm just waiting on my auto engunity to get here so I can close the ipr to check for a leak. I'm hoping all that's going to be wrong with mine is the dummy plug o rings too. Keep us updated on what you find.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have put my machine back together. The snubber valves were the main problem and an easy fix. I will be turning her over later today!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts