Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys new to the group and just bought my first diesel 2014 f250. Seems like I can’t catch a break with this truck newest thing is the brake lights as of today after I picked it up from the tint shop will NOT go off when I remove the key. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
1997 F-350 CCLB 7.Tree
397 Posts
Hey Guys new to the group and just bought my first diesel 2014 f250. Seems like I can’t catch a break with this truck newest thing is the brake lights as of today after I picked it up from the tint shop will NOT go off when I remove the key. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
sounds like a short somewhere or loose wire, I would check the brake controller if you have one, and the wiring from the pedal assemble.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[
sounds like a short somewhere or loose wire, I would check the brake controller if you have one, and the wiring from the pedal assemble.
[/Q

Still trying to figure this forum out so hopefully I’m replying correctly lol But I disconnected the break switch assembly off the pedal and lights still stayed on

·
Registered
1997 F-350 CCLB 7.Tree
397 Posts
Interesting, there has to be a short somewhere that when they did your tint they bumped or got water into or something, I don’t think there is anything along the windshield or something, maybe a fuse???

·
Registered
2 Posts
Check the brake pedal switch, lay on your back and look under the dash. You’ll see some blue up at the top of the break pedal arm with a white plunger(that’s your switch) on the pedal there should be a rubber stopper, if you don’t see it feel for the hole and you will know if it dry rot and fell apart. Mine has done it several times now. Rubber drawer stops work great from Home Depot.

·
Registered
1997 F-350 CCLB 7.Tree
397 Posts
Check the brake pedal switch, lay on your back and look under the dash. You’ll see some blue up at the top of the break pedal arm with a white plunger(that’s your switch) on the pedal there should be a rubber stopper, if you don’t see it feel for the hole and you will know if it dry rot and fell apart. Mine has done it several times now. Rubber drawer stops work great from Home Depot.
This was a post 7 months ago…

1 - 6 of 6 Posts