Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have new Atturo Trail Blade MT 37x13.5R20 tires. After original mount and balance there was a vibration at 55-65 mph. Took it back to tire shop and they road force balanced them. The vibration was less and at 47-52 mph. I took it back and they added 6.5 oz of glass beads to each tire and it is better but inconsistent. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Master BS'er
5,931 Posts
interesting. I have never heard of adding shot to a tire before.

·
Project Shamu
2,859 Posts
Get better tires.

I was a tire guy for a long time, have mounted and balanced thousands of tires. Cheap tires show when they are balanced.

I had to balance a set of 39" BFGs once and they all came out to less than 2oz. Whereas ive seen a lot of cheap 35s needing 10oz or more.

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
its called continual balancing and it works very very well
people use anything from powder, to Airsoft bb's to golf balls, yes seriously golf balls inside big mud tires..... they will find the low spot and fill it while spinning
Big rigs have a disc that mounts outside the wheel that contains beads or fluid, every mile and mpg counts on big rig tires

Those Atturo tires are cheap and once in a while you will get a bad tire, heck even with the expensive ones when you get into 35"+ tires they can take some serious weight! A bad tire will cause all sorts of issues on your drivelines if you don't get it out of rotation. I would probably just replace it and keep that one as your spare or fight for a warranty claim

·
Project Shamu
2,859 Posts
Could be wheels too, its a lot easier to bend a wheel than people think.

·
Project Shamu
2,859 Posts
You could try having the tire shop de-bead them and spin the tire on the wheel and re-bead it, It might help with it being in a different spot.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually, the road force balance should match up heavy spot of wheel with light spot in the tire. Might be worth a shot though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ordered 37x12.50R20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers to replace the Atturo tires. Will update after swap.

·
Project Shamu
2,859 Posts
Right on, good choice.

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
SMART
Made in USA not Taiwan

·
Native Texan
9,070 Posts
I like the Korean tire the best. With all the tires I see around here the Hankook's hold up well to the stupid gravel road we have here.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Help balancing 37" tires??!!

You guys were correct. Needed better tires. Mounted the Nitto tires today. Three balance with 3 oz or less and the 4th with 5.75 oz. not bad for 80 + lb tires. All had road force under 30 lbs if you have been around road force balancing. Those are car tire #'s. Rides and drives great. This Trail Grappler is very quiet. Hard to believe a 3/4 ton truck lifted 8" with 37" tires can drive this smoothly.

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
sweet! I am planning to lift our excursion and put on 35's so that is good news
Nitto and Toyo seem to get very high marks these days for 10 ply tires

·
Because I can!!!
1,635 Posts
I hate my Nittos and am going to something else since these are about spent. Way to expensive for what they are. I've got mastercrafts on my Chevy and Iove them. Plus they are a heck of a lot cheaper and wear alot better and longer. Just my .02

1 - 19 of 19 Posts