Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of this morning my trucks been sluggish.. wont spool past 22 psi when its to the floor in any gear, doesnt pull hard wont rev passed 3k sounds normal drives fine just cruisin but when i mash on it theres nothing there. It is an 04 6.0 167000 on the odometer.. ARP studs bulletproof egr. stock turbo. Could it be the fuel pump? Pump filter changed 400 miles ago. Torque converter? turbo? any input helps i'd like to save myself a trip to the shop if possible

·
Registered
520 Posts
Even though it's not the preferred method of checking fuel pressure, when you key the truck on without the top fuel filter in the housing, how quick does the fuel bowl fill up?

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
im betting its the hpop...... are you have any issues with long cranking times trying to start it

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'll have to check tomorrow or this weekend, it's on 38's so it doesnt quite fit in the garage

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i plug it in every night in the morning it starts just fine idles normal. after work it raddles around for a few until it gets firing on all cylinders which is fairly recent i just thought because of the cold 30-40 degrees

·
Registered
623 Posts
Check your FICM.

Check it when cold, and not plugged in all night. And have someone else help with the test. Have them turn on the key once you are ready to test volts.

FICM testing procedure - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

My bet, you will see the volts around 38-40, and slowly climb up to 48v.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Im having the same problem. I just replaced 2 injectors and orings in my truck 3 weeks ago. Now Im having this problem. I would like any help also. Not to steal your thread.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well i cleaned alot of nasty shtuff off my egr valve no noticeable difference. This morning i was all ready to record a video getting on the freeway and everything was normal. i just took her out for a spin after i cleaned the valve and its back to it. wont boost over 25 psi and doesnt have the power it did. Would the FICM make it not go to full boost?

·
Registered
93 Posts
mine wont make more then 21. I have my egr deleted and everything in my sig with the same problem as you. Before my injectors went out I had great power but now after i have this issue.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
have you checked you're FICM voltage like amdriven2liv said? i am going to in the morning. hoping that's the problem. i appreciate all the ideas everyone.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what was yours doing before you got it fixed?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Running awful when started first thing in a.m. without being plugged in, slow and steady decrease in power and fuel mileage till one morning you will go out and the truck won't start.

·
Registered
93 Posts
just checked mine and it was at 47.9 with the key on had the wife crank it and it jumped right up there again. So idk whats going on.

·
Registered
93 Posts
well now I left to go get fuel and the truck died and wont restart? any ideas? would the fuel pump cause any of this?

·
Registered
327 Posts
I was going to say fuel pump, if the truck starts norml and drives normal, but just has no a$$ when getting into the throttle it sounds like you were loosing fuel pressure.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i checked my ficm too. 47.5 with key on and didnt drop at all went to 48.5 running. what is the best way to check fuel pressure? i notice my pump doesnt click steadily it does this click click pause click click before it'd run the whole time until it stopped

·
Registered
520 Posts
With a gauge on the test port. Quick way would be to see what the flow looks like into the secondary fuel bowl on top of motor with the key on.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts