Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just order a black on black 2012 6.7 FX4 powerstroke. I am having trouble deciding whether to go with the fabtech 10" radius arm or 4 link system. I have an 08 superduty now with just a leveling kit so im not really up to par on the bigger suspension kits. My truck will be street only. I think I understood that the 4 link is better off road but if you are keeping it on the street it really wont make a difference which one you go with. Im still not real clear on what the major pro's and con's are with each one. I wont be running coil overs, just doing normal shocks. I will be running a 40" tire. Any advice would be great also im not dead seat on Fabtech so any other ideas would be great as well. Thanks in advance

·
RLNCOAL
186 Posts
The 4 link wins hands down. You gain tire clearance, ground clearance and just look taller and cleaner underneath.

It will also track a lot better, will not want to roll over on itself in corners.

Fabtech is nice. There are so many too choose from and can't really go wrong. Check out Icon, OUO etc. I personally run a Rough Country 4 link on my 11 with 40's and love it.

Its actually more of a hodpodge since I wanted to use products that my store sales the most and Rough Country hasn't done a 10" for them.
Rough Country front kit, Fabtech adj. trac bar. The coils are their 8" kit coils, but stand very tall on the 11's.
8" rear leaf springs and a stock F250 2" block kit. I need to swap out the rear blocks for my stock F350 blocks since its still about a 1" low in the rear.

·
Registered
224 Posts
4 link for sure. But if your gonna be running street/highway don't buy fabtech. They use steel heim joints on the ends on the 4link and they'll get pounded out quick just driving street. Personally I'd find something with different ends. Skyjackers 8" 4link kit uses vulcanized rubber heim joints. And BDS also uses different ends

·
Registered
475 Posts
4 link! And stay away from heim's. We are waiting on Rize to ship us the kit for our 2012. Going to be running Fox coilovers with the Rize kit.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
I don't know, seems like there are ALOT of bump steer issues out there with the 4 link kits. Not saying you can't get one to work but if you do a search on here you will see. Guys are adding steering stabilizers and hydro assist to mask their issues.

Probably the key is how the 4-link is installed and set up by the alignment shop. And of course if the geometry is all correct to make the steering work properly. Since the steering on a superduty was designed around a radius arm.

·
RLNCOAL
186 Posts
We do no less than 5 4 link kits a week and half those don't get a dual steering stabalizer and have ZERO bumpsteer issues.

As long as you have the correct trac bar drop bracket and pitman arm on for the lift kit, then bump steer will not be an issue.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
We do no less than 5 4 link kits a week and half those don't get a dual steering stabalizer and have ZERO bumpsteer issues.

As long as you have the correct trac bar drop bracket and pitman arm on for the lift kit, then bump steer will not be an issue.
Does one half just get them for the cool factor? Just curious. I didn't say they don't work, just need to be done right.

Fabtech is nice. There are so many too choose from and can't really go wrong. Check out Icon, OUO etc.
Oh and I don't think OUO has a 4 link kit. Just throwing that out there..

·
RLNCOAL
186 Posts
Does one half just get them for the cool factor? Just curious. I didn't say they don't work, just need to be done right.

Oh and I don't think OUO has a 4 link kit. Just throwing that out there..
Most of our customer's don't care either way. We only stock the 4 link kits here. 90% of my business is new car dealer accounts so they get what we want to install and install what works.
I wasn't arguing with you, agreeing with ya. Sorry if it came across that way.

I'm not up to speed on their stuff. I've seen a few products from 'em and see there name a lot.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Most of our customer's don't care either way. We only stock the 4 link kits here. 90% of my business is new car dealer accounts so they get what we want to install and install what works.
I wasn't arguing with you, agreeing with ya. Sorry if it came across that way.

I'm not up to speed on their stuff. I've seen a few products from 'em and see there name a lot.
Gotcha, cool! :evil

·
Registered
913 Posts

What kits are these?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for all the input. seems like the 4link is getting the higher marks looks like thats what ill go with. i was only partial to fabtech since i have had good luck with them on half ton trucks i've owned.

Twotone08 what kits are yall installing that seem to be getting good results.

if anyone else has found a good combo of parts that works well togther and you send me in the right direction on custom building a kit that would be great too

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
thanks for all the input. seems like the 4link is getting the higher marks looks like thats what ill go with. i was only partial to fabtech since i have had good luck with them on half ton trucks i've owned.

Twotone08 what kits are yall installing that seem to be getting good results.

if anyone else has found a good combo of parts that works well togther and you send me in the right direction on custom building a kit that would be great too

I would talk to the last guy that posted :D He can set you up!

·
RLNCOAL
186 Posts
What kits are these?
The Rough Country 565S kits.

On a different note, who would I need to speak with at your shop about setting something up so I can buy from you all? I've got a couple customer's wanting ICON products, but don't want to buy over the web for whatever crazy reason.

·
Registered
298 Posts
If it were me I would Do a full OUO/Icon kit from David "SAK". I would do Icons drop bracketry with OUO traction blocks and OUO ALA (Adjustable Link Arms). IF the ALA's were available when I did my kit I would have went that route. My OUO traction blocks have been nothing but phenominal.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts