Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Transmission Junkie
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to make the first post in my sub-forum to say hey to all and that I will try and check this every day for anyone having transmission related questions.

I will also try and get all the trans related faq posted up in here asap.

Thanks,
T.J.

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Welcome to the Nation

How well can you build a 5R110 ? starting my build here shortly.

·
Edward Scissorhand WanaB
1,995 Posts
Welcome

·
Transmission Junkie
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How well can you build a 5R110 ? starting my build here shortly.
I guess that everyone has thier own opinion of how well they build their transmissions. I believe that I build them very well. I have taken some tried and true transmission knowledge and some new technologies to come up with a build that I believe will not only hold up well in most applications but will last longer.

There are a ton of things that go into building a transmission and clutch friction material choice is a big part. You can go with the flow and choose to install RED or BLUE clutches...and they are good parts. There is no doubt that those clutches work, but in applications where you are trying to get 50-100K miles out of a transmission, they really aren't the best choice. They have a very high coeficient of friction, but dont tend to last as long as a High Energy friction.

In applications like most see on this forum... they aren't overloading the frictions. So a RED or BLUE plate isn't going to be a make or break part in the transmission. Most guys are after a transmission that preforms well and will stand the test of time.

There are other things to consider but I believe that this one choice sets me apart from other builders.

Thanks,
T.J.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts