Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here to PS Nation and to owning a 1997 7.3 turbo PS. Only other diesel I've owned was a Toyota Surf while stationed in Japan from 14-17. Sold the diesel surf before leaving Japan and living in Virginia Beach, VA now. If you see a red/gray OBS shortbox extend cab pouring white smoke all over the road, chances are it is me. Hoping to learn on this forum. Question, is there a post to decode all of the abreviations?

·
PSN intsigator
6,842 Posts
Welcome to the nation from WNC

·
Administrator
8,462 Posts
welcome to PSN.

as for the abbreviation decoder, not really because not everyone calls something the same thing.

what i call a finnagin pin regulator Doc calls a whosemawhatsis, and the window licker calls a thingamajigger

Reactions: heavydoc

·
Registered
1,521 Posts

·
Project Shamu
2,858 Posts
welcome to PSN.

as for the abbreviation decoder, not really because not everyone calls something the same thing.

what i call a finnagin pin regulator Doc calls a whosemawhatsis, and the window licker calls a thingamajigger
What did you call me????

Reactions: heavydoc

·
Administrator
8,462 Posts
yu are a paste eater.
charlie is a window licker

or do i have that bass ackwards.......................... again?

·
Project Shamu
2,858 Posts
yu are a paste eater.
charlie is a window licker

or do i have that bass ackwards.......................... again?
No, im the fart smeller. or smart feller...... whatever.

·
PSN intsigator
6,842 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to this PS Nation and powerstrokes in general. I bought a 97 f350 with 300k on it. It has plenty of power but I have no clue what the previous owner did along the lines of tuning. It was bought from an auction from a dealer that I bought it from. The issues I’m seeing are horrible mileage and I mean horrible! 180 miles to a full front tank. It’s running 35s and has a T6 fail on dash that’s been cut at dash. The cover on the pcm has been removed so obviously been chipped or flash programmed. It shifts extremely hard, like it put your butt hole in the back seat and is fast and all hell but you can see the fuel gauge go down. I’ve replaced ICP AND EBPS and tube but no change. Surges when’s you start it cold and sometimes stalls when coming to a stop. It’s been down piped and cat delete and has a wicked wheel. I have no idea if the injectors are bigger or anything. No info on past mods. I just know that it should get this bad of mileage. The engine light will come on if I’m hauling my skidster and stick my foot in it but will turn off if I stop and turn off engine and fire it up again. I’ve scanned it and it shows pcm, ebps, and icp. Anyone felt with this before? Any advice would be much appreciated before I take it in and spend money on it. I’m a gear head and have always done my own work on my rigs but I’m stumped. Thanks

·
PSN intsigator
6,842 Posts
Kinda sounds like it had bigger injectors and needs a tuner to help control them

1 - 11 of 11 Posts