Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kind of awkward, I guess since I didn't introduced myself a few months back when I joined; I guess I was too busy reading all kinds of posts(which by the way you guys are doing a great job). I grew up around 18 Wheelers thanks to my old man; and ever since I loved that marvelous smell. So I finally got my wish and purchase my first diesel truck this year; a 2003 Ford F350 cclb 4x4 lariat and boy I love it. Except for a hypertech programmer, banks intake and 4 inch lift with new wheels & rubber, truck is pretty much stock. I'm currently building a a 97 7.3 to drop in my old mans 95 F350, so we'll see how things go and hopefully I could find some more answers here like I already have. Btw, it would be great to knowto if there are some of you guys around my area...

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Theres another guy a few threads above this one that is from whittier too.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Welcome from Visalia

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whats' up (Fordguy310)LBZ, that's what I'm talking about lil more so cal around here.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Welcome welcome..

BigGreen, how've ya been man? Havent seen you posting on here in a while!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Yep, I cant deny it. I am currently working as a technician on the rig, so Im at the rig 24 hours a day for 2 weeks straight. We drill all over, but Bakersfield is our west coast headquarters. I love the drilling world and the people in it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Right on, we had an engineer from a seal vendor, that decided to be on an oil rig, it was OK at first, but haven't heard from him again.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hey - I used to work for Martin-Decker, 10 years. Back in '70-80's.

Mfg. Project Manager.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
It takes a certain kind of person to be a good roughneck, and still maintain a healthy social life. The rotating shifts, overtime and days away are the hardest. The work I can handle; its knowing the family is at home by themselves. Having my own trailer on location helps though, they are able to visit when they want.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts