Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
<--501cc,should b 540 : /
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to the nation, Ive heard you are some good guys.

I have some questions on my early '99 F-250.

First off, the speedometer only works over 35mph or so, after you hit 35ish it works perfectly, once you dip below 35, it drops back to 0. Any ideas on the cause of that??

Also, starting with key on my ABS light stays lit, but no other lights, what does that indicate?

Thanks!

·
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there any way I can put a DMM or something on the rear sensor to see if it is the culprit??

Yes, the ABS light remains light

·
<--before leveler & block
852 Posts
Only codes being picked up are p1690 which is wastegate solenoid malfunction and a p0381 which is glow plug indicator malfunction. Dont get any other codes. I checked them with my scan gauge for the OP.

And "99 stroker" it would help if you fill out your sig so everyone knows what has been done to the truck

·
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ill try cleaning it off, otherwise ill see of I cant get stroker2 to let me try his real quick to see if thats the culprit

·
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Allright Boggerr, you were right as i suspected and hoped you were. I switched the strokers2's out of his '00 it was shaped somewhat differnly then the one on my early '99 and had a differnt size bolt holding it in place,however they are interchangeable. The newer style one is magnatic and picked up a good amount of gunk during the slow, short spin to see if my speedo would resume working :eek:
I will begin the search tomorrow to see what I can come up with, hopefully the local dealership has one of the magnetic ones in stock, and cheap

·
<- Sums it up
1,739 Posts
The local ford shop here in town carries them for $25 and that is hi priced according to some I have talked to on here. It must be common, he knew the part number off the top of his head.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
20 bucks from O'Rielly's.

·
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK, Ive gotten 2 from o'rileys, had to warranty the first one, I just droped the second one in, it works above 15 or so and gets the ABS light to turn off but im still not satisfied, is there a way the turney section of the wiring harness or something else is causing a faint signal that would cause this?

The sensor I got is for '00 and up, its a little smaller in diameter then the factory '99, but is otherwise nearly the same thing.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Why didn't you get the correct one?

·
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They couldn't get me one, i had previously tried the one out of my friends '00 and it worked, so I figured one of those would be fine.

·
Registered
853 Posts
aftermarket and electronics...i don't have luck with them. you save money but lose from repeat repairs..put factory parts in one time and forget about it..

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
aftermarket and electronics...i don't have luck with them. you save money but lose from repeat repairs..put factory parts in one time and forget about it..
Hmmm.....

Let's see, I have aftermarket head fasteners, valve springs, injectors, turbo, all the stuff that attaches to the turbo. Aftermarket parts in my tranny. Aftermarket parts in my fuel tank. My exhaust and intake are aftermarket. Not counting aftermarket wear items.

Most of those parts add to the reliability of my truck. Not to mention, it runs way better than it did when Ford put it together.

But in the case of sensors, you are correct. Get it from Ford.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Hmmm.....

Let's see, I have aftermarket head fasteners, valve springs, injectors, turbo, all the stuff that attaches to the turbo. Aftermarket parts in my tranny. Aftermarket parts in my fuel tank. My exhaust and intake are aftermarket. Not counting aftermarket wear items.

Most of those parts add to the reliability of my truck. Not to mention, it runs way better than it did when Ford put it together.

But in the case of sensors, you are correct. Get it from Ford.
this is what i was trying to say, thanks andy..:D

·
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thats what I was starting to think, hopefully O'riley will let me return it a month and a half later LOL worth a shot though

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Thats what I was starting to think, hopefully O'riley will let me return it a month and a half later LOL worth a shot though
If it is an O"Reilly's that you are used to dealing with and they know your name, or you have a good history under your phone number, they will.

I have a 20 year phone number history with them, I bought a part here for my stepsons truck, went to Orange TX, 350 miles, did not need it. Returned it there, Asked phone number, the guy there said I had such a good history, that if it was possible, they would return it.

·
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We just got one here recently, haven't bought anything more then a set of glow plugs and some oil from them

·
<--before leveler & block
852 Posts
and about 3 speedo sensors :poke:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts