Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
FARMTUF
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been thinking about buying Hella 500FF and mounting them on my front bumper replacement (ranchhand style). I was thinking of either lineing (5 lights) the middle grill guard bar or the very bottom bar of the bumper...Wanted to know if anyone else had a picture of what theres looked like. Also the big question what do you think about hella 500s?

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Check out VisionX HID or their LEDs pending on what you want to do with the lights (distance, fog, flood).

jrc

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had Hella 500s on my Jeep. One set from 4 wheel parts and the other from Wal-Mart. The WM set said comet on them. I don't really know the difference, but they were quite a bit cheaper. I had them wired hot to the battery with no relay, so that I could turn them on without the key in and have them on when I had my hi-beams on (off road only). I also had replaced the headlights to Sylvania Silverstars and the headlights were much brighter than the 500s. My buddy had the regular KC lights (not sure what model they were, the ones that come with smiley face covers) that he wired up exactly how the instructions said. His were much brighter than mine. It might have been that my lights weren't getting enough power or something.
Just my $.01. I don't think this info is worth the extra penny.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
kc's prob had 100 watt bulbs :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
those are awesome mirrors, what are they from?

·
FARMTUF
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ended up getting 4 hella lights for only 75 bucks, couldnt beat the deal, i didnt like there wire harness so that got throw in the trash and upgraded my wire... now i just got to get different bulbs... Also thinking im gonna get 2 more lights and put them on the bottom bar

·
Let'er Buck!
1,690 Posts
Pretty Prairie / Cheney Res area. Haven't been around there in years. PP used to have a pretty good rodeo if I remember. Haven't been to the Resevior since I was a kid. Used to go jetskiing out there with friends. Thought some of those pics you posted looked somewhat familiar. My sister and her family live close to Inman, dad and brother live outside Rose Hill. I grew up NW of ElDorado. Still have alot of friends around that country.

You have a very unique and good looking truck. I like the new lights on the front too.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I LOVE the amber hella 550's but they are getting harder to find now.

hella 550 fog lights

The beam is very flat and crazy wide a set would be perfect under your bumper.

Plus with the glass you can put 100w off road bulbs in and they get dang hot with no melting.

With them being Yellow I ran the 100w bulbs and drive on the street with them almost always on and not too many people got mad.

I just aimed them as high as possible with the far end still on the road.

Many times I have had cops pass me head on and no ticket yet.

·
Team Shade-Tree Mechanic
635 Posts
looks good

1 - 14 of 14 Posts