Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
06 f250, just replaced all injectors and glow plugs at same time, then installed new radiator and coolant filter system... truck started to throw a open circuit fault for cylinder 1 glow plug and within a day had heavy white smoke on startups cold and hot but disperse once u start driving for a minute, I backflushed my oil cooler which is only a couple months old and I had high deltas, now the smoke has gone down a extremely but is still there at times... any ideas on where this is coming from?? not loosing coolant and oil is good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and yes of course its EGR Deleted... sorry I forgot to put that...

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
What does the white smoke smell like? It's possible this is an excessive unburnt fuel situation.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it doesn't smell sweet or anything just like normal exhaust... all injectors aren't even a month old and I don't understand how it would change from super heavy white smoke, then I backflush the oil cooler and it drops way down.. still a little bit but nothing compared to what it was?

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
That definitely is unusual. I know any time you change injectors there will be a lot of fuel dumped into the cylinders, which will result in a lot of white smoke, but it doesn't usually last very long. I'd be monitoring the coolant levels, coolant pressure, and just see what happens. It may have been an o-ring not sealing 100% on an injector, allowing fuel to leak into cylinder during the exhaust stroke, and it sealed up a little bit more since it was first installed. (weirder things have happened) But really, without any evidence of it being coolant (hence keeping an eagle eye on the coolant level and pressure) I would be looking at the injectors or the seals.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts