Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Gambled and Lost 6.oh
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright hoping this isn't a head gasket. 25 degrees out, start motor, motor reaches 186 degrees but will not blow hot air until I drive or give 1k rpms. Once hot, will blow hot till it idles for more then 2minutes like fueling at quickstop etc.. Coolant level is a smidge low after its warmed up but not much. And virtually no coolant loss.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have had the same issue with mine. My solution was to ensure all the air was purged from the cooling system. As I was ensuring no air in the system, it was noted that the coolant return line from the EGR Cooler was leaking. I continually have to top off the surge tank to ensure full coolant system because of the leak ( I dont have the cash for EGR delete at this time), when low, I have to get the engine up over 1500 RPM to get the coolant circulating through the heater core.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Have you checked that Heater bypass valve yet? If you have a vacuum leak there or at one of the connectors it could be causing the valve to close. Have you noticed your Vacuum pump constantly running? IIRC there was a revision to that valve at some point.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.