1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heater doesn't blow hot in the cab here's what
I have done and checked out!
Hot and cold switch works the door under the dash
On passenger side moves like it should .
Select for vent,mix,floor ect work when truck is running
Took heater motor out cleaned evaporater coil fan blows
Great .
Heater core hoses are to hot to touch on both in and out
Took heater core panel off on inside to hot to touch it blows hot out
Of bottom of heater core but no were else the hottest it gets is
90 deg . When truck is hot , this started last year of course it's getting
Cool so !!!
Any and all tips or ideas would be great
Thanks
Threestud

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have a similar problem but you have diagnosed more than I have. Mine is slightly different though. It will work great sometimes, then sometimes you switch it on and you can hear it blowing but no air from anywhere. Sometimes it blows super hard on the low setting and no harder as I switch it up. I'm baffled!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Alrighty....

So my guess:

If you have inspected the core for any debris that may be blocking it on the outside, then I think maybe your core has a blockage internally.

You can back flush it and see if that solves your problem.

Connect a female garden hose adapter to the outlet (Water pump side), and disconnect the other hose from the block. Hit it with full pressure for at least five minutes. You can turn it on and off a couple times to help dislodge any crud that might be stuck in there.

When you're done, leave the water pump side (Outlet) disconnected and start the truck. Wait until you have a steady stream of coolant out of that hose, then reconnect. This will bleed all of the air out of the core.

As usual, don't stick you digits in any moving parts, and be environmentally conscience!

LiftedSuzuki, your problem seems like it could be a vacuum or electrical issue.

Hope this helps! Make sure to let us know!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yup Vacuum lines.....

The only reason these trucks have a vacuum pump is for the brake booster and the HVAC controls. He'll have to verify what is and isn't working.

Any more questions?

Ciao,

Lawrence

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Flushed as said above and rust and some
Crud came out , back flushed from block side
No change in temp ! So started over this time in hooked
Both lines flushed core and filled with CLR for 10 min
Flushed again tons of crap came out .installed
Hoses and now I've gained 10 deg . So with this
I'm going to just swap out the core it's clear , it's the problem
So I will up date , when I get it swapped out!

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
Fill the heater core with CLR and let it set for about a hour, it that doesnt work I think it may be time for a new heater core.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Is there any chance you could write in paragraphs, instead of putting in those line breaks and capitals randomly? They don't make any sense, and make your posts look like poems, and they're very hard to read.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm on a I phone sorry . Still no heat !! Thermstat, new heatercore,have the radiator with
Blocked off with cardboard clutch fan is working like it should I'm at a total loss on what to do !

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm flummoxed

Is it possible that the thermostat is in upside down? Therefore not allowing the engine to heat up?

Copper pellet goes towards the block.

Some other people mention only using a International or Ford thermostat?

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
The dash temp gauges are horribly imprecise, but at least they give you some idea whether engine heat is building up. Are you getting at least a "sane" reading from the gauge?

Does the top radiator hose get hot? Oh wait, you already mentioned the heater hoses were hot. I'm thinking this is more an issue with the hot/cold blend door in the HVAC system. Could be an issue with the vacuum "power" supply to it, or the door itself stuck. HVAC mechanical control diagnosis/repair isn't much fun.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I replaced my switch assembly with the ones out of a bronco. Heat worked for roughly a year and then melted the back of the new assembly.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts