Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
jackedup6.0
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
al of a sudden my heater isnt working correctly. it takes about 30 mins for it to warm up. i have to drive the crap out of it to get it to even do that. when it does come on i realy cnt let off or set cause it starts blowing cold again. checked the coolant. no leak in the floor from the heater core. ne ideas
been a cold a$$ ride past few days

·
Diffrent Strokes
350 Posts
al of a sudden my heater isnt working correctly. it takes about 30 mins for it to warm up. i have to drive the crap out of it to get it to even do that. when it does come on i realy cnt let off or set cause it starts blowing cold again. checked the coolant. no leak in the floor from the heater core. ne ideas
been a cold a$$ ride past few days
Where is the temp gauge at? The thermostat could be stuck open. You may even check the vacuum line that runs to a heater hose on the passanger side valve cover area.

·
jackedup6.0
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my temp gauge is running about in the middle. how hard is it to change the the thermostat is there a certain brand i need to get

·
Hood Rich
2,873 Posts
temp gauges are dummy...

Just go with Stock Motorcraft... Come with the housing already... its two 13mm bolts... one had a nut on top that holds down a fuel line... drain coolant, remove top hose, your right there

·
Hood Rich
2,873 Posts
its the t stat, truck isnt warming up. Is your fan running? Its possible your fan is stuck on, but I've never seen it... til you can get it fixed, put some cardboard up in front of the radiator, not too much....

When I get a truck in the shop that has a stuck t stat I know right away, cause I cant get the oil temp to budge much... I usually have to put a fender mat over the front of the grille and take it on the highway to get it warm...

·
Registered
181 Posts
I know this might sound stupid, turn your ac on but still have the temp hot. See if your heater control valve moves. I had a truck that the only time the valve would open was when the ac was on. Customer didn't wanna pay for diag so I just zip tied the valve open.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts